1. Standard memberbot 6
    Bla bla bla
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 21:34
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    I agree,
    hillary clinton's hair couldn't resemble subliminal/representative horns any more
    interesting...but what about bush monkey.
  2. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 21:37
    Thought this was chess talk forum?
  3. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 21:39

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Corvallis, Oregon
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 21:42
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "Inane" is too kind.
  5. Standard memberbot 6
    Bla bla bla
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 21:44
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    you dont seem to have much to say about anything either.
    why dont you add to the nonsense or get out.
  6. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 21:491 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 22:22
    I just think this is really fascinating, but a little bit off subject. Some people look for racism in everything, even in a game like chess. They see White moving first and having an advantage as some sort of form of oppression against black people. Of course, this is absurd. But, it's even sillier considering that White did NOT always go first in chess. At first, it was the luck of the draw. Only later, to standardize everything, a side was decided upon to always go first.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 22:45
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    I just think this is really fascinating, but a little bit off subject. Some people look for racism in everything, even in a game like chess. They see White moving first and having an advantage as some sort of form of oppression against black people. Of course, this is absurd. But, it's even sillier considering that White did NOT always go first in chess. ...[text shortened]... of the draw. Only later, to standardize everything, a side was decided upon to always go first.
    and it was, of course, only coincidence that white was chosen...
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 23:16
    I realize it may be far too late to say something remotely serious in this thread, but nevertheless...

I've come to view white as representing yang energy and black as yin energy, which of course is not at all the same as good/evil but does still suggest a certain dischotomy. I sometimes feel that a different mindset is required to play well with each color, and so I find this metaphor useful in understanding that difference.
  10. Standard memberindigodream
    Intensely Impulsive
    Swiss Mountains
    Moves
    09 Apr '07 00:43
    Originally posted by bot 6
    "the greatest trick the devil has pulled, is convincing the world he doesent exist" i heard that somewhere... thoughts of stabbing people is the result frusteration inflicted by the world around us, and giving in to its infected cause... as far as politics are concerned. every form of government and the "lunitics" involved are puppets, controlled by the devil himself.
    they had that quote on the wall to the office in the catholic church i went to in elmentry school - i really agree and like that quote 😀
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '07 00:57
    Originally posted by indigodream
    they had that quote on the wall to the office in the catholic church i went to in elmentry school - i really agree and like that quote 😀
    lol
    i think itd have been funny if instead you said...

"... elementary school - it is because of that quote that i am currently Satanic."

i don't support Satanism at all, i'm actually a Baptist...
    but i think that'd have been funny nonetheless
  12. Standard memberbot 6
    Bla bla bla
    Moves
    09 Apr '07 19:52
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    lol
    i think itd have been funny if instead you said...

"... elementary school - it is because of that quote that i am currently Satanic."

i don't support Satanism at all, i'm actually a Baptist...
    but i think that'd have been funny nonetheless
    thats funny, rubber...
  13. Standard memberbot 6
    Bla bla bla
    Moves
    09 Apr '07 19:54
    . At first, it was the luck of the draw. Only later, to standardize everything, a side was decided upon to always go first.[/b]
    is it true the chinese invented chess?
  14. Joined
    26 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '07 20:011 edit
    Originally posted by bot 6
    is it true the chinese invented chess?
    Chess as the game we play? No. The Indians did.

edit - And by Indians I don't mean the first nations of North America, I mean people from India.
  15. Standard memberbot 6
    Bla bla bla
    Moves
    09 Apr '07 20:23
    Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
    Chess as the game we play? No. The Indians did.

edit - And by Indians I don't mean the first nations of North America, I mean people from India.
    i get a different story from everyone i ask....some say chinese some say indians some say aztecs some say canadians....wud up

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree