1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 12:491 edit
    Game 6833614 & Game 6833611

the first ended over a month ago with the other just the other day.

in the first i ran out of attacking ideas and thought i'd offer a draw before he started a counter.

the other, at this point a draw is good enough to send both of us through to the next round.. so both can be happy to take it i guess but who in your opinion has the better position?

having both bishops is a huge advantage but with the 3 of my pawns alone i didn't feel i could defend them while trying to attack his.. was i wrong?
  2. Joined
    10 Oct '09
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 15:301 edit
    In the first I favor black.But that's only because I wouldn't like to play white's position.Hardly an objective assessment.

In the second it's hard to imagine the knight matching the bishops,even with the aid of extra footsoldiers.But too tough for me to assess.

No help,sorry,but at least I looked at your work 🙂

Btw,you played those games really well,imo.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 18:29
    thank you. i've studied that position quite a bit, it's probably my favorite starting position.

so you would fancy yourself with white in the second game?
  4. Joined
    10 Oct '09
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 18:51
    Originally posted by trev33
    thank you. i've studied that position quite a bit, it's probably my favorite starting position.

so you would fancy yourself with white in the second game?
    It's a position I could easily lose from both sides but yes,I think white is better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree