1. Joined
    01 Aug '04
    Moves
    13 May '06 18:21
    I would imagine others have complained about this before, but every time I post a new game someone accepts it only to delete it a few minutes later. Then, I have to go back and re-post it. This happens two or three times with each game I post. If you can see the time limits, the opponent's rating, the opponent's profile, and the time bank, why click accept and then delete it? Is there something I could do to avoid this problem?

Thanks,
    Scott
  2. Joined
    18 Feb '06
    Moves
    13 May '06 19:35
    nope sorry the formula only works after you have played some rated games from what i read on the post do not worry about it too much some will play you. just send out you own seek. πŸ™‚
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 May '06 08:32
    Originally posted by nineball2000
    nope sorry the formula only works after you have played some rated games from what i read on the post do not worry about it too much some will play you. just send out you own seek. πŸ™‚
    What question are you answering?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '06 08:46

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    20 Apr '06
    Moves
    14 May '06 10:03
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    i have this same problem too. i'm pretty sure it's when they read the far-fetched stuff i write on my profile and then they delete. they don't realise that i don't want to play them anyway.
    I assume you are talking about open invites. it happens i think with live chess as well, its pretty easy for me to imagine someone trying to enjoy annoying others by accepting a game to just decline. I think such people should be pitied.(no condescension intended.) Why not avoid that by clicking the find player button at the top of the screen to see who is online, and challenge people specifically. ive only been using the site a little while but this has worked for me.
  6. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 May '06 10:48

7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 May '06 11:33
    What I now do is, everytime some jerk accepts and then immediately deletes is to put them on my timewasters list - the list will eventually be posted in the general forum.
    I send them a message informing them that 1. they are jerks and 2. that they are on my list.
    I suggest you start your own list. πŸ™‚
  8. Joined
    20 Apr '06
    Moves
    14 May '06 12:001 edit
    Oh thx sicillian, didnt know. I will try to remember to send messages first. Anybody know how to do the quote thing for people besides the one that posted right before you? I ment to qoute the first post in my last quote.
  9. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 May '06 12:031 edit

10. Joined
    20 Apr '06
    Moves
    14 May '06 12:06
    Oh of course, thats why they have the links for each post. Thx againπŸ™‚.
  11. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    14 May '06 17:02
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    NOOO! Here's a tip, in case you dont know. Starting games without permission with people on the recent moved list causes alot of annoyance. I have my max games set to 0, that way I can decide who I play and dont have to spend time clicking on trashbin icons and adding people to my ignore list. I know many others on the site that feel the same. Send a message to someone before you challenge them and all will be ok.
    I probably wouldn't play later someone who deleted my game without an explanation. but I don't mind challenges out of the blue. I feel it's my problem to restrict my challenges, not the challenger's.
  12. Standard memberAshley Blue
    Chess Lame-o
    Ohio
    Moves
    15 May '06 02:30
    I sometimes get frustrated when I accept a game, especially if I am black and the person takes a long time to move. Does it take 1-2 days to choose between d4 and e4 ? If the person never moves and at least gets the game past the trash can stage in a reasonable time I just delete it and move on. Does this make me a bad person? πŸ™‚
  13. Joined
    01 Aug '04
    Moves
    15 May '06 02:54
    Originally posted by Ashley Blue
    I sometimes get frustrated when I accept a game, especially if I am black and the person takes a long time to move. Does it take 1-2 days to choose between d4 and e4 ? If the person never moves and at least gets the game past the trash can stage in a reasonable time I just delete it and move on. Does this make me a bad person? πŸ™‚
    Not at all, but if you accept only to delete two minutes later it might make you a bad person (that was my original complaint).
  14. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    15 May '06 10:27
    Originally posted by smrex13
    Not at all, but if you accept only to delete two minutes later it might make you a bad person (that was my original complaint).
    could also be that they simply clicked the wrong challenge. or checked your profile afterwards and decided you're too strong for them. (win/lose ratio tells you things that rating alone won't)
  15. Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    16 May '06 20:21
    I have instantly deleted a couple games after accepting them because I didn't realize until too late that they were 1 day T/O with no timebank (i.e. an almost certain loss). Could that be why this is happening to you?

It's true that people (myself included) should check on the T/O before accepting, but sometimes one just forgets. If you are putting up games with a 1-day T/O you might want to mention the time limit in the game name to reduce the chance of someone picking it up by mistake and having to delete it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree