Moves
    27 Jul '07 07:16
  2. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 08:12
    Originally posted by emanon
    Game 3827951
    The real question is why you should not blunder...
  3. washington
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 08:21
    the queen is easily chased away. it is superior to any other piece on the board with regards to the king. in the middle game many pieces have a chance to anchor onto a pawn and threaten the queen. knights and bishops are developed quickly at the expense of your tempos. they become completly developed as you have moved you queen around endless times. the queen is meant for use mainly after castling and well into the middle game. with exceptions of course.
  4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 09:073 edits
    Game 3827951
    That loss actually had nothing to do with moving your queen out.

It had a lot to do with subsequent pointless queen moves.

If you wanted to play like this why not play QXg7 when you had the chance? Otherwise leave it on e5 and develop.

Here is an exception. As Game 3787418 is in progress no comments please but hopefully you can see the plan and realise that in these circumstances moving the queen out early is OK! In fact not just OK but good and worth a knight sacrifice even!
  5. Standard memberemanon
    Student
    Leuven
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 09:27
    some people do not seem to realise that i wasn't the one that lost, i was merely pointing out for those that still do, you shouldn't take your queen out this early in the game due to tempo losses
  6. Joined
    01 Feb '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 09:43
    some people do not seem to realise that i wasn't the one that lost, i was merely pointing out for those that still do, you shouldn't take your queen out this early in the game due to tempo losses
    i'm not sure your game is a good example as you throw away a central pawn on move 3 which would be good compensation for the loss of tempo.
  7. Standard memberemanon
    Student
    Leuven
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 09:50
    erm..that was my intention...that's the entire reason why i actually gained that many tempi
  8. Joined
    01 Feb '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 09:53
    fritz10 likes that position after the pawn capture for white and so do i. i think with decent play by white then black would have been in trouble.
    I may be wrong, maybe a decent player can look, i'm only a lowly 1600 player 🙂
  9. Standard memberemanon
    Student
    Leuven
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 09:55
    just out of interest, what moves would you have suggested for white after the pawn capture?
  10. Joined
    01 Feb '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 10:00
    3. qxe5+ ..be7
    4.nc3 ..nc6
    5.qg3 ..0-0
    6.e5

and the position looks interesting to me with some pressure on black here.
  11. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 10:015 edits
    erm..that was my intention...that's the entire reason why i actually gained that many tempi
    After 14. Nc3 white starts gaining tempos and probably develops safely and holds the extra pawn.

I think the fault here was more to do with moving the same piece 2 or more times rather than developing the queen and it was decided in the end by an elementary series of blunders.

Its not that the queen move was good but I simply don't think this is actually a good example of how to punish the (wrong) early development of the queen as in my opinion the game was decided for other reasons.

QXg7 .. Rg8, Q-h6 .. Rg6, Qe3 grabbing 2 pawns would have been a far more interesting (and dangerous) try for white. Possible follow up .. Ng4, Qc3 .. Bf6 looks good for black but white might have something better. However, as the previous post suggests Nc3 was probably a better move than Qg5 as that Q move was pointless if white did not intend taking on g7 and normal development is in order.
  12. Standard memberemanon
    Student
    Leuven
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 10:08
    Originally posted by PawnChop
    3. qxe5+ ..be7
    4.nc3 ..nc6
    5.qg3 ..0-0
    6.e5

and the position looks interesting to me with some pressure on black here.
    agreed but i still think black has (very) slightly more to gain, after e5 i believe black could either equal material and capture e5 with no recapture and gaining tempo at the same time...what about a game with a fixed start the position at e5..
  13. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 10:10
    agreed but i still think black has (very) slightly more to gain, after e5 i believe black could either equal material and capture e5 with no recapture and gaining tempo at the same time...what about a game with a fixed start the position at e5..
    Gladly! 😉
  14. Standard memberemanon
    Student
    Leuven
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 10:14
    i was more talking to pawnchop it seems to me that a 2000+ would crush me easily, however, id still like to play! i'll send one over as soon as i have an empty spot (which should be quite soon)
  15. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 11:37
    i was more talking to pawnchop it seems to me that a 2000+ would crush me easily, however, id still like to play! i'll send one over as soon as i have an empty spot (which should be quite soon)
    I know you were.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree