women chess players

women chess players

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
15 Dec 07

shouldnt they leave the chess to men and get on with the ironing?

M
Dutch

Moves
15 Dec 07

No!!!

Let them play! let them learn chess, bring more young and attrictive women to chess tournaments!

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
15 Dec 07

Originally posted by MetBierOp
No!!!

Let them play! let them learn chess, bring more young and attrictive women to chess tournaments!
true, but what good are good looking women at a chess tournament, if our shirts are all wrinkly?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
15 Dec 07

Originally posted by eatmybishop
No

K

London

Moves
15 Dec 07

Are woman allowed to play chess?

F
Mad scientist

Québec

Moves
15 Dec 07

I would like to see more women playing this game, but seriously, looking at the comments on female players, it won't be easy.

M

Moves
15 Dec 07
3 edits

Are woman allowed to play chess?

Any female who survives the hazing in an OTB chess club could eat you for breakfast and spit out the pits.

And if you want it ironed, do it your useless self.

F
Mad scientist

Québec

Moves
15 Dec 07

That's the spirit 🙂

EH

Moves
15 Dec 07

Originally posted by eatmybishop
Are you kidding me?! I'll checkmate you anytime.

PC

Moves
15 Dec 07

The way to attract more females is to get more attractive males playing. But don't expect that to happen soon as local tourneys are often filled with old wrinkly men with bald heads and/or pot bellies.

j

Moves
15 Dec 07

Personally I am a big fan of Judith Polgar and I am really afraid (read: certain of it) that she will kick my butt if I ever get to play against her.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
15 Dec 07

Originally posted by Papyn Chase
The way to attract more females is to get more attractive males playing. But don't expect that to happen soon as local tourneys are often filled with old wrinkly men with bald heads and/or pot bellies.
That is a great idea actually, but all chess players need time to develop their game, perhaps a long term strategy would be to try and attract celebrities that appeal to young teenage girls and get them into the game. That way, when they grow older, they will hopefully look nice and also be able to play a good game.

M
Dutch

Moves
15 Dec 07

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
That is a great idea actually, but all chess players need time to develop their game, perhaps a long term strategy would be to try and attract celebrities that appeal to young teenage girls and get them into the game. That way, when they grow older, they will hopefully look nice and also be able to play a good game.
brilliant!

FL

Moves
15 Dec 07

Where I live, and it seems to be the similar in the rest of the UK, there are loads of primary school girls playing chess but then more of them give up when they get to senior school than do boys. I don't know why this is or if there's anything which can be done to improved the situation.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
15 Dec 07

I think it is through lack of other girls to talk to. It is always a good thing to try and get multiple girls into the same teams if possible - that way they are not just stuck around men leaching at them all the time.