1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 21:43
    Originally posted by agentreno
    Nevertheless if they make a mistake, it can be your game. And I don't go in for all this "do you really want to win that way?" stuff, you win anyway you can, my opponent can't make a move in 3 days? He blunders a piece? Not my problem, I don't make those errors or if I do I suffer the consequences.
    We're talking about stallers. And in any case, dragging won games out is for tools.
  2. Standard memberagentreno
    Addicted
    Newcastle
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 21:47
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    We're talking about stallers. And in any case, dragging won games out is for tools.
    Ahh I think I'm responding to something Dragon Fire said.
  3. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 05:29
    Originally posted by excalibur 8
    The solution's easy - blacklist them.
    Is there a feature on the site you can do that with?
  4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 08:01
    Originally posted by pizzintea
    Is there a feature on the site you can do that with?
    Yes go to "Community" and select "Ignore list" then add him.

and we are not talking about playing on in the hope that your opponent will blunder. If there is hope of that by all means play on but there is no hope when your opponent has a mate in 1 which they have clearly seen. In such circumstances just waiting for your time to run out is clearly rude.

and if your grade is 1300 and your opponents 2000 and you are a queen down playing on in hope of a blunder that is also rude. You may have a "right" to do it but that does not stop if from being rude. It seems in our modern society manners have disappeared from all walks of life, including chess.
  5. Standard memberBriscoe
    Consigliere
    Ontario, Canada
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:56
    Why is there such stigma about carrying on in a lost position? If your opponent blunders, it could all turn around.
    there's a difference between lost position and a lost game...

and if he wasn't active in his other games, I wouldn't care...but he's purposely waiting until his timebank runs out....its being a sore loser
  6. Standard memberBriscoe
    Consigliere
    Ontario, Canada
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:59
    Why is there such stigma about carrying on in a lost position? If your opponent blunders, it could all turn around.
    I wouldn't care if that was the case...but its clearly not
  7. washington
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 03:37
    15 more days! hey just look at this way at least it wasn't a 28 day 28 timebank game 😲
  8. Standard memberBriscoe
    Consigliere
    Ontario, Canada
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 14:46
    Originally posted by kmac27
    15 more days! hey just look at this way at least it wasn't a 28 day 28 timebank game 😲
    good point...I'll have to remember your "look on the brightside" philosophy 🙂
  9. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 15:25
    Originally posted by Briscoe
    there's a difference between lost position and a lost game...

and if he wasn't active in his other games, I wouldn't care...but he's purposely waiting until his timebank runs out....its being a sore loser
    Yes! Which is why I have added him to my "Ignore" list!

Suggest everyone does likewise as that is the only way these sods will learn.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree