Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 20 Jan '07 15:44
    Don't ya just love it when someone tells you that you have to much time on your hands.
    Don't they get it? Thats what its all about----retirement doing what you want when you want and goofing off like we all really desire to do.
    And boy they certainly dont understand the chess relationship with the dreaded time machine.
  2. 20 Jan '07 17:16
    A lot of people think I'm odd because I don't go hunting. They view chess on the internet or any of my other pass times as a waste of time. I can see why they like hunting, but I can buy a cheese burger for a dollar.
  3. 20 Jan '07 17:25
    Originally posted by deeploser
    A lot of people think I'm odd because I don't go hunting. They view chess on the internet or any of my other pass times as a waste of time. I can see why they like hunting, but I can buy a cheese burger for a dollar.
    You can buy a DOUBLE cheeseburger for a dollar!
  4. 20 Jan '07 17:26 / 1 edit
    Cheesburgers??

I am not a hunter myself but I know people who is. Hunting is not about getting meet but mainly to have a good time out in the nature. They do it because they like beeing outdoors.
  5. 20 Jan '07 17:44
    Where do you live? Over here it is more normal to play chess on the internet than go hunting.
  6. 20 Jan '07 17:47
    Southern Mississippi where they look at you odd if you don't like hunting as much as they do. I have hunted before and can do it when I want to though I'd much rather fish and really do see why people like it, I just don't enjoy it as much as others do.
  7. 20 Jan '07 18:07
    The heck with hunting, I rather play chess than switch.
  8. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    21 Jan '07 11:29
    They hunt bovines where you live?

Where I live, when a hunter kills a cow, the rancher comes after the hunter.
  9. 21 Jan '07 21:45
    If you like nature, go out and camp, hike, take pictures, paint, roll in the dirt I realize that we have to kill to live, but when we take pleasure in the killing, that's a problem. On tv we have a couple of hunting channels. I was watching with fascination and disgust as a female model with a high powered rifle was stalking a zebra--a zebra! A zebra is a striped horse, right? I guess this is why every wild animal on earth avoids human contact at all costs and why thousands of species have disappeared ( not all on account of man). So, i guess chess is a pretty harmless activity in comparison.
  10. 22 Jan '07 23:01
    Racking your brain playing chess for several hours is looked down upon by some people, yet those same people will see nothing wrong with sitting in front of a TV set for several hours like a zombie o_O
  11. 23 Jan '07 00:00
    Yea, American Idol comes to mind. For some reason tv turns everything into trash, unless it's trash already and then it turns to worse.