Your new chess mentor

Your new chess mentor

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
13 Aug 06

Originally posted by giantsfan94707
yeah i did too lol
You sent your 3 games already? I still have to do that part. I got them in my notebook and gotta type them out 🙁

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
19 Aug 06

Anyone hear back from this person? I sent him the message but I haven't heard anything.

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
20 Aug 06

Originally posted by RahimK
Anyone hear back from this person? I sent him the message but I haven't heard anything.
You wern't actually expecting a response were you?

over your head

Moves
20 Aug 06

Originally posted by Shinidoki
You DO NOT have to post your real name, but, in order to be taken seroiusally, you will have to offer some proof of your ability -- be that posting an FICS handle, post a few of your own anotated games, play here, etc ...
or even make a move here

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
20 Aug 06

Originally posted by Freddie2006
You wern't actually expecting a response were you?
I sent him my stuff but I didn't have any expectations. People online I tell you. What I did find curious was why someone created an account and spent that much time typing that up. I spent the same amount of time typing up my response so no big deal. He wasted time and do did I.

c

Moves
20 Aug 06

I sent him my stuff but I didn't have any expectations. People online I tell you. What I did find curious was why someone created an account and spent that much time typing that up. I spent the same amount of time typing up my response so no big deal. He wasted time and do did I.
I don't think it helped that a lot of the responses weren't exactly friendly.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
20 Aug 06

Originally posted by cmsMaster
I don't think it helped that a lot of the responses weren't exactly friendly.
Big deal! You can't trust everything online. Look at how many people have been banned on here for computer usage. For all we know, this person could be a 1200 with a 2000+ chess program claiming he was 2000+ . Better to make sure.

k

washington

Moves
20 Aug 06

i'm really a 2300 rated player with a program that only goes up to 1600. 🙄

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
20 Aug 06

Originally posted by kmac27
i'm really a 2300 rated player with a program that only goes up to 1600. 🙄
I can send you some links to better programs 😛

k

washington

Moves
20 Aug 06

lol just messin rahimk

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
20 Aug 06

Originally posted by Siskin
or even make a move here
or, maybe he was even real, but hadn't really thought this mentoring stuff through. "it seemed like a good idea, but now I'm just bored with it."

zero moves doesn't really show much commitment...

S

Moves
20 Aug 06

There was also a post (by him) earlier in thise thread that waffled on about his interent conection, and how he wouldn't be on for a "few" days.....

a "few" being god-knows how many.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
20 Aug 06

Originally posted by kmac27
lol just messin rahimk
I know but i'm not 🙂

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
20 Aug 06

Originally posted by Shinidoki
There was also a post (by him) earlier in thise thread that waffled on about his interent conection, and how he wouldn't be on for a "few" days.....

a "few" being god-knows how many.
It said wednesday 1 week from then. It's been 2 weeks arleady or more. Maybe he didn't think anyone would reply but I caught him dead in his tracks. I'll e-mail him again and ask what's going on. Maybe he will repsonsed this time.

Rahim

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Aug 06

It said wednesday 1 week from then. It's been 2 weeks arleady or more. Maybe he didn't think anyone would reply but I caught him dead in his tracks. I'll e-mail him again and ask what's going on. Maybe he will repsonsed this time.

Rahim
Well don't hold your breath, he also has not started a single game in this time either. That pretty much decides the issue for me. One counter example however, is ThudanBlunder. He is a genuine master, a BCF of almost 200 and has only one game here, a nice crush but you can see how strong he is, at least if he is not using an engine. I tend to think not because he habituates the puzzle thread where engines are no use!