1. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 00:55
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Send me your credit card details and I'll explain exactly why you are wrong.
    right, missing the point by a country mile.
    Thats cool, someone will get to 2000, and some people will stay where they are, because "there out to get me"😲😲😲
    Or "every one is bad" and cant be trusted.
    no problem.
  2. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 01:18
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    Thats cool, someone will get to 2000, and some people will stay where they are, because "there out to get me"😲😲😲
    no problem.
    Oh dear.

The point is that some people are good, and some people are bad. We have seen both here. And the good people shouldn't take offence at being asked to prove that they aren't bad. It's called healthy scepticism.

If this guy's genuine, that's great. If you simply want to accept his word without question, that's your business. But if you start suggesting that people who apply a more cautious approach are terrible people, or that it will stop them improving their chess, then you are a nut. Which we know that you are.

Anyway, you promised you were leaving.
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 01:271 edit
    Some people want to help. To mistrust, or malign good intentions, is not ok.
    I see it as someone offering to mentor, or teach someone.
    Isint this exactly what hes doing himself with his post?
    To voice negativity, where there might not be evil intentions, seems to be a reflection of someones own "pot calling the kettle black"
    Say a 1600 puts this add out claiming he is a 2000+ player.
    A 1900 responds thinking the guy is 2000+. But this 1600 guy uses a chess program to go over the games and since it's an online thing, O ya on this move you should have played this.

This isn't personal or anything but I got my own fritz and other programs to do that stuff for me.
  4. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 01:44
    no problem.
    Can't be trusted... What happened to you're leaving? Yes some people can't be trusted.

As for the people on this site and believe who they say there are, 2 words

Jean Herbert

Or what ever his last name was.
  5. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 01:551 edit
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Can't be trusted... What happened to you're leaving? Yes some people can't be trusted.

Jean Herbert

Dont worry about me, worry about your own self.
    Paranoia is caused also by owns own acts or transgressions against a aggreed upon moral code.
    In other words, when one sees evil, it usualy means they have commited some evil of their own.
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 02:15
    it sounds like school, i have enough of that.
  7. Standard memberTEXASmade
    President of Texas
    My Ranch
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 02:16

This isn't personal or anything but I got my own fritz and other programs to do that stuff for me.[/b]
    when you use a program like fritz to analyze ur games, what does it tell you, only that this move is better or does it give you a reason? i dont have a program or anything but im wondering if it's worth getting.
  8. London
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 02:49

Jean Herbert

and Tom Piceu, and Sierwan, and fifthdivision.
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 02:55
    Originally posted by TEXASmade
    when you use a program like fritz to analyze ur games, what does it tell you, only that this move is better or does it give you a reason? i dont have a program or anything but im wondering if it's worth getting.
    Fritz 9 is excellent, although I've heard that programs like Junior 10, Shredder 10, and Hiarcs 10 are better. I got F9 simply because I couldn't find the other programs at stores near me. I'd say F9 IS worth the money. First, you get 1 free year of Playchess with it (you also get this with the other programs that I mentioned). Also the analyzation is very good, if you make blunders Fritz will make comments, and show lines that may have been better, worse, or just interesting. Fritz also uses color commentary sometimes to demonstrate what the pieces are doing. HOWEVER, Fritz is not useful for weak players (especially under 1400) because it doesn't take a program to tell you that putting an undefended knight in the way of a pawn isn't a good move.
  10. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 03:15
    Dont worry about me, worry about your own self.
    Paranoia is caused also by owns own acts or transgressions against a aggreed upon moral code.
    In other words, when one sees evil, it usualy means they have commited some evil of their own.
    Moral?

When you say you are leaving stick to your word.

Plus

Jean Hebert

Don't forget about that.
  11. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 03:18
    Originally posted by TEXASmade
    It gives you dumb comments,

___ hoping against hope.

___ doesn't save the day. Etc... So no it doesn't tell you this is better because of___.

Chessmaster does but it's not as strong 2400 around and after awhile the comments get annoying.

It's basically, 1._ _ 2._ _ leads to a knight trade for a bishop and a pawn. Better is 1.__ __ 2.__ ___ which lead to a rook for a bishop and 4 pawns.
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 03:261 edit
    It gives you dumb comments,

___ hoping against hope.

___ doesn't save the day. Etc... So no it doesn't tell you this is better because of___.

Chessmaster does but it's not as strong 2400 around and after awhile the comments get annoying.

It's basically, 1._ _ 2._ _ leads to a knight trade for a bishop and a pawn. Better is 1.__ __ 2.__ ___ which lead to a rook for a bishop and 4 pawns.
    This is true, but like I said it does give the lines and I have seen it (once in about 10 games) give color commentary (highlighting squares and weaknesses), though this was in a game between two very strong RHP players.

And Chessmaster sucks.
  13. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 03:41
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    This is true, but like I said it does give the lines and I have seen it (once in about 10 games) give color commentary (highlighting squares and weaknesses), though this was in a game between two very strong RHP players.

And Chessmaster sucks.
    Yes it does give lines and with Fritz I used to get graphical puzzles and every 4 games about. The longer you let it think they more you get. I turn those off because I find the puzzles annoying after a while.

Chessmaster is a great teaching tool and is great for players under 1600. I love the videos on there and I still watch them when I can. I always learn something new from those videos.
  14. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 03:46
    Yes it does give lines and with Fritz I used to get graphical puzzles and every 4 games about. The longer you let it think they more you get. I turn those off because I find the puzzles annoying after a while.

Chessmaster is a great teaching tool and is great for players under 1600. I love the videos on there and I still watch them when I can. I always learn something new from those videos.
    No, I wasn't talking about the puzzles, but yes it has those too. I'm just talking about the color commentary, where it highlights pieces and squares to show you what's going on. And no doubt, Fritz is much better than Chessmaster.
  15. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 03:57
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    No, I wasn't talking about the puzzles, but yes it has those too. I'm just talking about the color commentary, where it highlights pieces and squares to show you what's going on. And no doubt, Fritz is much better than Chessmaster.
    Yes the puzzles aren't great for advanced players. It depends where you are in chess. If you a lower rated player fritz is horrible compared to chessmaster. If your are advanced then Chessmaster won't do as much for you. Depends on what you want.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree