1. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 20:00
    I still write notes but rarely. The one I wrote after 2-3 months was
    12...b4 didn't see that

I guess I don't need a notes. I have very few games so the whatever plan I had for the game, I wouldn't forget in a day or so. But if you had hundreds of games, then it might be different.
  2. Somewhere out there!
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 20:39
    Originally posted by Wibble Wobble
    Everything

It wins a pawn and is a completely crap move. Why? It opens up ther g file for HIS rooks to attack YOUR *WEAK* pawns. So taking the pawn is stupid. Pawns dont mean anything, plans do
    pawns ARE important, especially in endgames and you can get there in notime if you want with white
    here's a little plan:
    Black will want to develop something so he'll probably put a piece at e7, if it is a knight you can play Bf6 which looks nice imo, if he plays Be7 you play Bxe7 Nxe7 Rh5 and black will be the only one with problems because he has to defend h6.
  3. Standard memberWibble Wobble
    Action barbie
    Ka-koogy
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 20:521 edit
    Originally posted by Testrider
    pawns ARE important, especially in endgames and you can get there in notime if you want with white
    here's a little plan:
    Black will want to develop something so he'll probably put a piece at e7, if it is a knight you can play Bf6 which looks nice imo, if he plays Be7 you play Bxe7 Nxe7 Rh5 and black will be the only one with problems because he has to defend h6.
    No your only thinking static, not dynamic
    And if your gona post atleast post something i cared about. Its not my fault if you are stupid.

Either post what the topic is about or go shut it.
  4. Somewhere out there!
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 21:03
    topic is thought proces, this is what I thought about your game, but to give an answer to your specific question: I don't make any notes while playing a game.

PS. I can understand you are mad at yourself for drawing a won game, but if you still don't see that I would like to challenge you to a game on ablitz site of you choice. (I wouldn't mind playing it here but then you'll have to wait till 1 of my games is finished 😉 )
  5. Joined
    25 Sep '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 21:06
    Everything

It wins a pawn and is a completely crap move. Why? It opens up ther g file for HIS rooks to attack YOUR *WEAK* pawns. So taking the pawn is stupid. Pawns dont mean anything, plans do
    I think you're out of your mind by suggesting that such a slight positional disadvantage is worth a pawn.

http://www.chesscafe.com/text/heisman57.pdf
  6. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 21:391 edit
    No your only thinking static, not dynamic
    And if your gona post atleast post something i cared about. Its not my fault if you are stupid.

Either post what the topic is about or go shut it.
    So the question that you have to ask, is the static advantage I'm getting by grabbing the pawn, worth the dynamic play I'm giving my opponent. In this case, I believe it is. Let's be real here; this isn't the queen trying to steal a b2 pawn. If I talked myself out of winning a pawn every time I though it would give my opponenet an open file to work with, I'd never win material. Okay, an exaggeration, but you know. And by the way, which of those pawns of yours' are supposed to be weak? Especially when compared to his weak h-pawn? Names like "doubled" don't make something weak.

One more thing: You've been on this site not even a whole week. You won't make many friends by calling people stupid because their opinion differs from your's. Unless you go to the Debates forum. You'll fit right in then.

Now, getting on topic, I mainly just use the Analyze Board feature for my long-term planning. The short-term planning I try to do in my head as much as possible, since I haven't played OTB in quite awhile and it's a perishable skill. I really don't have the time to verbalize my plans for each and every game.
  7. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 01:28
    Pawns dont mean anything
    eh, it's very simple. don't drop pieces, don't drop pawns. take care of those little guys and they'll take care of you. without them, your only hope is massive blunder from your opponent.

chess is not a game of luck.
  8. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 03:34
    Pawns are the SOUL of CHESS
  9. Standard memberscrumpymanjack
    Albert King is God
    Mexico City
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 04:46
    Pawns dont mean anything
    This has to be the most ridiculous comment anyone has ever written in these forums.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree