Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Standard membersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52874
    27 Oct '12 01:22
    Re-arrange the numbers to make sense, but you cannot use the signs, +,-,/,*. etc.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    27 Oct '12 04:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Re-arrange the numbers to make sense, but you cannot use the signs, +,-,/,*. etc.
    "etc."?
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    61004
    27 Oct '12 21:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Re-arrange the numbers to make sense, but you cannot use the signs, +,-,/,*. etc.
    76 farenheit= 24 celsius(approximately )
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    46016
    28 Oct '12 02:14
    Originally posted by venda
    76 farenheit= 24 celsius(approximately )
    The problem would have been 77 = 25
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    46016
    28 Oct '12 02:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Re-arrange the numbers to make sense, but you cannot use the signs, +,-,/,*. etc.
    7x6 = 42
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    28 Oct '12 02:30
    Originally posted by venda
    76 farenheit= 24 celsius(approximately )
    I hope that's not it, because you didn't rearrange any numbers. 😞
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    28 Oct '12 02:31
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    7x6 = 42
    I hope that's not it, because * is the same thing and we can't use it. 😞
  8. Shanghai
    Joined
    16 Feb '06
    Moves
    115272
    28 Oct '12 03:17
    I can reaarange THE NUMBERS to read HER BENT SUM. Does this answer the problem?
  9. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    26504
    28 Oct '12 10:44
    I can do it with 66 = 24

    2^6 = 64


    you can write 2^6 with a small uppercase 6
    I thought this problem might work like that, but it doesn't seem to
  10. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    26504
    28 Oct '12 18:47
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    I can do it with 66 = 24

    2^6 = 64


    you can write 2^6 with a small uppercase 6
    I thought this problem might work like that, but it doesn't seem to
    aha, got it

    flip the 6 upside down and rearrange to give

    7^2 = 49
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    46016
    28 Oct '12 20:32
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    aha, got it

    flip the 6 upside down and rearrange to give

    7^2 = 49
    well done - I'm guessing thats it.

    but if you can use the function '^' then why not 'x' ???
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    28 Oct '12 20:361 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    well done - I'm guessing thats it.

    but if you can use the function '^' then why not 'x' ???
    You physically move the 2 up to where is in 7 squared. (If you can turn the 6 around to a 9, you can do this.)
  13. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    26504
    28 Oct '12 20:58
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    well done - I'm guessing thats it.

    but if you can use the function '^' then why not 'x' ???
    I can't do it here, but 7^2 can be represented with an uppercase 2.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    46016
    28 Oct '12 20:58
    Originally posted by JS357
    You physically move the 2 up to where is in 7 squared. (If you can turn the 6 around to a 9, you can do this.)
    That is only a convention.
    If I define superscripts to mean "multiply by" then I can use my solution.
  15. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    26504
    28 Oct '12 21:00
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    That is only a convention.
    If I define superscripts to mean "multiply by" then I can use my solution.
    Everything is only a convention if you want to play it like that.
Back to Top