Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    20 Jan '18 04:20
    Use all of the letters offered, plus or minus one, and shuffle if you want. Words must not be repeated.
    Example:
    cat
    +s acts
    +e caste
    +r traces
    -t scare
    -e cart
    +k track

    Starter word is NOTE
  2. 20 Jan '18 13:53
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    Use all of the letters offered, plus or minus one, and shuffle if you want. Words must not be repeated.
    Example:
    cat
    +s acts
    +e caste
    +r traces
    -t scare
    -e cart
    +k track

    Starter word is NOTE
    +s notes

    (Repeats are inevitable.)
  3. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    20 Jan '18 23:48 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @js357
    +s notes

    (Repeats are inevitable.)
    +s STONES

    (You're probably right.)
  4. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    21 Jan '18 05:34
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    +s STONES

    (You're probably right.)
    +r STONERS
  5. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    21 Jan '18 05:49 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    +r STONERS
    -n STORES
    -t SORES
    +p SPORES
  6. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    21 Jan '18 06:08
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    -n STORES
    -t SORES
    +p SPORES
    +w PROWESS
  7. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    21 Jan '18 09:01
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    +w PROWESS
    -s POWERS
  8. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    21 Jan '18 09:03
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    +w PROWESS
    +o SWOOPERS
  9. 21 Jan '18 15:48
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    +o SWOOPERS
    -s

    SWOOPER

    (I know, not very creative)
  10. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    21 Jan '18 17:11
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    -s POWERS
    -w POSER
  11. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    21 Jan '18 19:20
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    -w POSER
    Are all the new letters on the list originally provided?
  12. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    21 Jan '18 19:29
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    -w POSER
    +t POSTER
  13. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    21 Jan '18 21:19
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Are all the new letters on the list originally provided?
    As an exampie:
    'w' is not in the original word (NOTE) starting the list. I added it and then later removed it. Letters are added or subtracted one at a time for each new word, and letters can be rearranged for each new word or remain in the same order. So basically for each new word in the list you're either adding or subtracting a letter... you can add any letter to a word, but can only subtract a letter already appearing in the previous word.
  14. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    21 Jan '18 21:30
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    As an exampie:
    'w' is not in the original word (NOTE) starting the list. I added it and then later removed it. Letters are added or subtracted one at a time for each new word, and letters can be rearranged for each new word or remain in the same order. So basically for each new word in the list you're either adding or subtracting a letter... you can add any letter to a word, but can only subtract a letter already appearing in the previous word.
    Thanks. Instructions were vague.
  15. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    21 Jan '18 22:18
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    +t POSTER
    +t PROTEST