1. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    11 May '04 13:10
    Originally posted by Brother Edwin
    You would ask the question what is the square root of minus 24 said arter the name of your road
    if thy say the name of there road and then say it dosent exist you know they are telling the truth
    so you know who is telling the truth, so what? you dont know if the liar is gurading heaven or if the honest guy is guarding heaven so this question is pointless
  2. The moral highground
    Moves
    11 May '04 21:39
    Originally posted by Faith No More
    so you know who is telling the truth, so what? you dont know if the liar is gurading heaven or if the honest guy is guarding heaven so this question is pointless
    You ask the name of there gate as well, so if they say a number and the gate to hell you know they are lyeing. so you must go down there gate.
    If for example they said it dosent exist followd by hell you know they are telling the truth so you go down the other gate.
  3. Joined
    05 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 May '04 18:45
    take me to the place where you are guarding.
  4. Joined
    23 May '04
    Moves
    05 Jul '04 00:50
    just ask both of them if you were the other guard and i asked you what gate you were gaurding what would you say. the liar would say i'm gaurding the gate to (heaven or hell), but he would be lying because he always lies so if he says hell you take the gate he isn't gaurding if he says heaven you take his gate. the only way you can tell the difference is because one is honest and the other
  5. Cosmos
    Moves
    26 Jul '04 14:04
    nice!!
    wow! i didnt expect anyone to get it so fast thats immpresive...🙂🙂🙂
    This is NOT the answer.

Shame on you king for a day: asking riddles you do not know the answer to!!!

No-one has asked the correct question to solve this riddle.

The solution is beautifully elegant and sucinct, but I will not ruin it by giving the answer.
    Keep trying...you too "King"!
  6. Joined
    20 Sep '04
    Moves
    21 Sep '04 16:00
    the answer is:

you chose one of the ways and you ask one of the guards: what would the other guard say if I ask him if this is the way to heaven?

If you have chosen the right way the answer is no. If you have chosen the wrong way the answer is yes.
  7. Joined
    10 Aug '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '04 07:11
    nice!!
    wow! i didnt expect anyone to get it so fast thats immpresive...🙂🙂🙂
    This is another way to formulate the question. that would make the guard think a little.. "If I were to ask you if this was the gate to heaven would you then say yes?"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree