1. Joined
    15 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 Apr '10 23:111 edit
    I don't know that I know any of these, but here's thoughts.

1. Who was the first President of America?

The United States of America was the second experiment of the newly freed colonies, with the federal government handling many of the responsibilities that the states could not effectively handle while maintaining the unity of the country. I am guessing the first president of America would be the man who headed the nation during this time, before the current US Constitution.

2. How many states are there in USA?

I don't see the trick here. As far as I know, we still have 50 states proper. We do, however, have around a dozen or so territories, including Washington DC.

3. How many men have held the office of President before Obama?

Somebody pointed out that Grover Cleveland was elected twice with another man serving between those terms, and is thus counted twice. However, there have also been a few individuals who served as President who were never elected into that office. There were a number of assassinations as well as the resignation of Richard Nixon. I don't think these are counted amongst the official Presidential count, but do count as far as this question goes.

4. What was the date of the Declaration of Independaence?

July 2, 1776 is the date I recall. At any rate it was a few days before the official Independence Day holiday. If I recall right, the document was drawn up on the 2nd, but the last signature placed on it on the 4th. But I am as likely as not wrong on this count.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Apr '10 08:24
    Originally posted by geepamoogle
    I don't know that I know any of these, but here's thoughts.

[b]1. Who was the first President of America?

The United States of America was the second experiment of the newly freed colonies, with the federal government handling many of the responsibilities that the states could not effectively handle while maintaining the unity of the country. ...[text shortened]... the last signature placed on it on the 4th. But I am as likely as not wrong on this count.[/b]
    Since first making this quiz further research has shown that I can find no definitive answer to questions 1, 3 or 4.

The answer to question 2 is 46 states; Kentucky, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Virginia are all COMMONWEALTHS.

Possible answers to 1 are;
    George Washington (obviously)
    John Hanson
    Peyton Randolph
    John Hancock

Possible answers to 3 depend on who you count as number 1 as well as the Grover Cleveland trap!!!

Quetion 4: July 2nd, 3rd and 4th all lay claim!
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '10
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 19:35
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Since first making this quiz further research has shown that I can find no definitive answer to questions 1, 3 or 4.

The answer to question 2 is [b]46 states
    ; Kentucky, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Virginia are all COMMONWEALTHS.

Possible answers to 1 are;
    George Washington (obviously)
    John Hanson
    Peyton Randolph
    John Hancock

Possibl ...[text shortened]... ber 1 as well as the Grover Cleveland trap!!!

Quetion 4: July 2nd, 3rd and 4th all lay claim![/b]
    So the only person who was definatley right was me 🙂))) ?
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Apr '10 11:34
    Originally posted by rugleg
    So the only person who was definatley right was me 🙂))) ?
    Yep!

Missed your post sitting at the bottom of page 1 😳
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 May '10 00:14
    Originally posted by geepamoogle
    [b]4. What was the date of the Declaration of Independaence?

July 2, 1776 is the date I recall. At any rate it was a few days before the official Independence Day holiday. If I recall right, the document was drawn up on the 2nd, but the last signature placed on it on the 4th. But I am as likely as not wrong on this count.[/b]
    The Continental Congress voted for independence on July 2nd. The Declaration itself was drawn up on July 4th, and the actual document is dated July 4th. The bulk of the signers signed the document on August 2nd with a few signing later, but I've not yet been able to find the actual date of the last signature.
  6. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    11 Jun '10 04:52
    Originally posted by Aetherael
    yeah the only real difficulty here is that grover cleveland was the 22nd and the 24th president... so should be 42 men in 43 presidencies for the 3rd question?
    There were a few with two terms and one with three terms.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree