1. Palmerston North
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 00:33
    There is a 4x4 block apartment, therefore 16 rooms . The block has a number of internal gardens, replacing a room. For every free room there is a window. The windows are not allowed to show the outside. The windows may only show a internal garden. Internal garden may have any number of windows. How many Internal gardens are there in the 4x4 block.
    HINT: Anwser is lower than 8.
  2. Indiana
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 02:59
    Originally posted by Knight Square
    There is a 4x4 block apartment, therefore 16 rooms . The block has a number of internal gardens, replacing a room. For every free room there is a window. The windows are not allowed to show the outside. The windows may only show a internal garden. Internal garden may have any number of windows. How many Internal gardens are there in the 4x4 block.
    HINT: Anwser is lower than 8.
    easy. the answer is 4. each garden is rotated one from the corner, all in the same direction.
  3. Palmerston North
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 05:421 edit
    ??????? I don't know
  4. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 19:13
    RRRR
    RGGR
    RGGR
    RRRR

Like this or am I missing something here?
  5. Montgomery
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 21:20
    Originally posted by JYD
    RRRR
    RGGR
    RGGR
    RRRR

Like this or am I missing something here?
    but what about the corner rooms? they cant have a window that opens up to a garden.

I think it is like this:
    RGRR
    RRRG
    GRRR
    RRGR
  6. Indiana
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 21:26
    Originally posted by strokem1
    but what about the corner rooms? they cant have a window that opens up to a garden.

I think it is like this:
    RGRR
    RRRG
    GRRR
    RRGR
    thats what i meant. i just didnt have a diagram.
  7. Palmerston North
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 23:501 edit
    Well this question was in a test I did. All the rooms have to have windows. The corners of the rooms cannot have windows, What is the least number of windows. I got 6. It has to adjacent.

GRRG
    RGRR
    RRGR
    GRRG
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 Jul '06 03:51
    Well this question was in a test I did. All the rooms have to have windows. The corners of the rooms cannot have windows, What is the least number of windows. I got 6. It has to adjacent.

GRRG
    RGRR
    RRGR
    GRRG
    Well then you're wrong.
  9. Indiana
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 01:44

GRRG
    RGRR
    RRGR
    GRRG
    you cant even moniter your own post and see that 2 other people have less gardens in their diagram than yours does. and mine and strokem1's are both correct.
  10. Palmerston North
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 05:46
    It was just a statement

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree