Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

1. 29 Jul '06 00:33
    There is a 4x4 block apartment, therefore 16 rooms . The block has a number of internal gardens, replacing a room. For every free room there is a window. The windows are not allowed to show the outside. The windows may only show a internal garden. Internal garden may have any number of windows. How many Internal gardens are there in the 4x4 block.
    HINT: Anwser is lower than 8.
  2. 29 Jul '06 02:59
    Originally posted by Knight Square
    There is a 4x4 block apartment, therefore 16 rooms . The block has a number of internal gardens, replacing a room. For every free room there is a window. The windows are not allowed to show the outside. The windows may only show a internal garden. Internal garden may have any number of windows. How many Internal gardens are there in the 4x4 block.
    HINT: Anwser is lower than 8.
    easy. the answer is 4. each garden is rotated one from the corner, all in the same direction.
  3. 29 Jul '06 05:42 / 1 edit
    ??????? I don't know
  4. Standard member JYD
    29 Jul '06 19:13
    RRRR
    RGGR
    RGGR
    RRRR

Like this or am I missing something here?
  5. 29 Jul '06 21:20
    Originally posted by JYD
    RRRR
    RGGR
    RGGR
    RRRR

Like this or am I missing something here?
    but what about the corner rooms? they cant have a window that opens up to a garden.

I think it is like this:
    RGRR
    RRRG
    GRRR
    RRGR
  6. 29 Jul '06 21:26
    Originally posted by strokem1
    but what about the corner rooms? they cant have a window that opens up to a garden.

I think it is like this:
    RGRR
    RRRG
    GRRR
    RRGR
    thats what i meant. i just didnt have a diagram.
  7. 29 Jul '06 23:50 / 1 edit
    Well this question was in a test I did. All the rooms have to have windows. The corners of the rooms cannot have windows, What is the least number of windows. I got 6. It has to adjacent.

GRRG
    RGRR
    RRGR
    GRRG
  8. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    30 Jul '06 03:51
    Well this question was in a test I did. All the rooms have to have windows. The corners of the rooms cannot have windows, What is the least number of windows. I got 6. It has to adjacent.

GRRG
    RGRR
    RRGR
    GRRG
    Well then you're wrong.
  9. 01 Aug '06 01:44

GRRG
    RGRR
    RRGR
    GRRG
    you cant even moniter your own post and see that 2 other people have less gardens in their diagram than yours does. and mine and strokem1's are both correct.
  10. 01 Aug '06 05:46
    It was just a statement