1. Amsterdam
    Moves
    14 Jun '03 12:23
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    We have a winner.

The correct answers are 32 for the bishops e.g. 4 rows of bishops separated by 4 rows of pawns (this being the simplest pattern although there are others) & 16 Queens each one separated by a wall pawns

Welldone
    πŸ˜€
    I see....the Freetinkers think right again...you should have told us that we could use pawns as well, I feel very stupid now....πŸ˜•

Olav
  2. R.I.P.
    Moves
    14 Jun '03 22:25
    Originally posted by LivingLegend
    I see....the Freetinkers think right again...you should have told us that we could use pawns as well, I feel very stupid now....πŸ˜•

Olav
    If I had told you that it would have been too easy! Still I give you one final chance to redeem yourself this one is real easy......

What is the maximum number of rooks that you can get on a chessboard before one rook can attack another rook ? Note as before colour is irrelevant, but this time Pawns are not allowed.
    πŸ˜‰
  3. Amsterdam
    Moves
    14 Jun '03 23:37
    If I had told you that it would have been too easy! Still I give you one final chance to redeem yourself this one is real easy......

What is the maximum number of rooks that you can get on a chessboard before one rook can attack another rook ? Note as before colour is irrelevant, but this time Pawns are not allowed.
    πŸ˜‰
    8 as wellπŸ™‚

Olav
  4. Ireland
    Moves
    14 Jun '03 23:41

πŸ˜‰
    I'd say 8 but then thats too easy

so my guess is you intend us to use bishops or knights or queens as blocks instead so the answer is 32 again this time

5. R.I.P.
    Moves
    15 Jun '03 00:15
    Originally posted by villa68
    I'd say 8 but then thats too easy

so my guess is you intend us to use bishops or knights or queens as blocks instead so the answer is 32 again this time

Hehehehe You got it, sorry Olav (it was a trick question) better luck next timeπŸ˜‰
  6. Amsterdam
    Moves
    15 Jun '03 11:34
    Hehehehe You got it, sorry Olav (it was a trick question) better luck next timeπŸ˜‰
    Grrrr..........this thread is making me crazy!!! 😠(LivingLegend takes a bite of his desk)😠

Olav

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree