1. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 15:24
    A man is going home from market. He has bought a chicken, a dog and come corn. He comes to a rope bridge, and can only carry one item across with him, because he has to hold onto the rope with his other hand. So he has to carry the items across the bridge one by one. However, if left alone, the chicken will eat the corn, and the dog will eat the chicken.

How does he take all three items home?
  2. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 15:351 edit
    Chicken first, come back for the dog, takes it over too, brings the chicken back to the corn, takes the corn over to be with the dog and then goes back for the chicken and takes it over and walks home
  3. Joined
    25 Nov '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 16:47
    1) He has to take the chicken first or something will be eaten.
    2) He can't take anything else with it or it will be eaten.
    3) He can't leave the chicken with what he takes next time.
    4) He can safely leave the dog and corn together.
    That is my logic for this ancient riddle.
  4. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 15:34
    Originally posted by mazziewag
    Chicken first, come back for the dog, takes it over too, brings the chicken back to the corn, takes the corn over to be with the dog and then goes back for the chicken and takes it over and walks home
    Yup. That's one way to do it.
  5. Backside of desert
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 01:54
    the next week the farmer is binging home a cabbage, a goat, a lion, and a laviathan.

1 the goat will eat the cabbage
    2 the lion will eat the goat.
    3 the laviathan will eat the lion, but the smell of cabbage puts him to sleep.
  6. Joined
    25 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 13:56
    Originally posted by preachingforjesus
    the next week the farmer is binging home a cabbage, a goat, a lion, and a laviathan.

1) Send over the lion.
    2) Send over the cabbage and bring the lion back.
    3) Send over the leviathan.
    4) Send over the lion.
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 02:12

Hmm...
    The first move has to be to take the goat across first.
    Then the leviathan.
    Take the cabbage over.
    Bring back the goat.
    Take the lion.
    Take the goat over again.

The End.
  8. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 03:58
    Originally posted by darkguy00000
    Hmm...
    The first move has to be to take the goat across first.
    Then the leviathan.
    Take the cabbage over.
    Bring back the goat.
    Take the lion.
    Take the goat over again.

The End.
    Interesting question this one. But I'd like to make a comment:

First, can anyone tell me what's a leviathan?

Secondly, sometimes, it is exciting to dwell in the problems without realising that there might be no solution at all? In this case, why are we too concerned with leaving the lion and goat together? Presumably because we are afraid that the lion might want to eat the goat? Well, then I'd say, if you are worried about that, then don't you think we should equally be worried that the lion might want to eat the guy up?
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 06:16

1.goat
    2.leviathan
    3.take the cabbage and bring the goat back
    4.take the lion
    5.take the goat again
  10. Joined
    19 Sep '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '06 22:07
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    1.goat
    2.leviathan
    3.take the cabbage and bring the goat back
    4.take the lion
    5.take the goat again
    I posted that two posts up 🙂.
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '06 17:54
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Interesting question this one. But I'd like to make a comment:

First, can anyone tell me what's a leviathan?

Secondly, sometimes, it is exciting to dwell in the problems without realising that there might be no solution at all? In this case, why are we too concerned with leaving the lion and goat together? Presumably because we are afraid that the lio ...[text shortened]... hen don't you think we should equally be worried that the lion might want to eat the guy up?
    Large aquatic monster or creature. Not real unless you read the bible.

Also a very good album by mastodon.

Leviathan is a concept album by metal band Mastodon, released in 2004. The album is based on the Herman Melville novel Moby-Dick. Its songs "Iron Tusk", "Blood and Thunder" and "Seabeast" were released as singles. Four magazines awarded it Album of the Year in 2004: Revolver, Kerrang!, Metal Hammer, and Terrorizer.

The album was also released with an Audio DVD in a limited edition set. A third edition was released in 2005, containing the videos for "Iron Tusk" and "Blood and Thunder". A video for "Seabeast" was completed in 2006.

The album brought Mastodon great critical acclaim and, thanks to the ensuing tour, a considerably larger fan base. Leviathan has sold 103,000 copies as of September 2006.

Guitarist Bill Kelliher considers this album to represent the water element.
  12. Joined
    11 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 03:20

So... This farmer does steroids? :/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree