1. Joined
    03 May '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 13:12
    As mathematically accurate as the 21st century starting on Jan 1st 2001 is, I still consider Jan 1st 2000 the start, as the whole system is arbitrary anyway, because it actually began just shy of 13.7 billion years ago if you want to get really technical about it. For the same reason I'd apply say that the 1960s ended on Jan 1st 1970.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 18:171 edit
    Originally posted by thespacemonkey
    ... I still consider Jan 1st 2000 the start, as the whole system is arbitrary anyway ...
    And therefore you had just fun for one night only - at the millenium shift.
    I had two parties - one when everyone had it and one when the shift really ocurred.

I was once up in the north at the midsummer to se the midnight sun. Just at the polar circle only one night on the year the midnight sun showed and that in the midnight at twelve a clock solar time.
    On my way up the local hill I met a lot of people. They laughed at me and said that I "...missed the midnight sun, the time is now 20 minutes past!"
    I laught too and told them that we have daylight saving time in Sweden during the summer. The true midnight had not occurred yet. I said it with a smile. They didn't see the true midnight sun, they left too early! Hehe.
    It's good to know about the details...
  3. Joined
    03 May '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 18:36
    I'm not sure I need to be so very pedantic to have my fun

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree