Originally posted by Bowmann
    [b]1 Non-Subscriber Recommendation[/b]
    Thank you, Bowmann.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 19:39
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    A proof that 100% of primes are odd is not the same as proof that [b]all primes are odd.[/b]
    you mean 90% right
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 21:57
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    you mean 90% right
    No I don't. Read the thread.
  5. In your face
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 23:14
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I tried your explanation at the coffee table at my work this morning. They understood nada.
    However, the understand clearly my 'proof' that every prime is odd.

They laugh at the statement that "100% of something is not all of the same something".

Come up with a proof that satisfy my collegues. Do you have enough intelligence for that? Remember tha ...[text shortened]... level the average people. Do you have this kind of brains? Or are you quite alone up there?
    All that odd means in essence is 'not divisible by 2'. Therefore every number apart from 2, that is divisible by two will not be a prime number. This means that every prime number will be odd.
    Likewise, if we introduced a phrase that meant 'A number not divisible by 3', let's call them obb numbers, then every number apart from 3, that is divisible by 3, will not be a prime number. ie every prime number will be obb.
    Can you prove that every prime number is obb?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree