1. Joined
    10 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 01:28
    How long is a Chinese name.
  2. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 02:121 edit
    Thanks for posting this twice. Put it somewhere else.
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 10:24
    12 letters?
  4. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 13:03
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    12 letters?
    It should be "Hao Long is a Chinese name." So 2 characters (I don't think we count pinyin but rather the number of Hanzi.)
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 13:37
    Originally posted by reddawgdead
    How long is a Chinese name.
    Good thing the ocean is deep.
  6. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 13:38
    Absolutely.
  7. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '06 03:10
    "Hao" seems to the currency of Veit-nam
    and "long" means dragon (in Chinese)

so I'd say the awnser is no - Hao Long is not a chinese name- after all, I wouldn't call my kid "Dollar"

^
    But an even better awnser, thanx to wiki.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtesy_name

Hao

Hao (Traditional Chinese: 號; Simplified Chinese: 号; pinyin: hào; Japanese gō; Korean: ho) is an alternative courtesy name, usually referred to as the pseudonym. It was most commonly three or four characters long, and may have originally became popular due to people having the same zi. A hao was usually self-selected and it was possible to have more than one. It had no connection with the bearer's ming or zi; rather it was often a very personal, sometimes whimsical, choice perhaps embodying an allusion or containing a rare character, as might befit an educated literatus. Another possibility was to use the name of one's residence as one's hao; thus Su Shi's hao Dongpo Jushi (i.e., 'Resident of Dongpo' ('Eastern slope'😉, a residence he built while in exile). An author's hao was also often used in the title of his collected works.

In which case...."long" (Dragon) may indeed be a chinese name....

Am I right/close or am I looking wayyyyy toooo farrrr intoooo thingssss mannn?????????
  8. Joined
    10 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '06 17:51
    Originally posted by Shinidoki
    "Hao" seems to the currency of Veit-nam
    and "long" means dragon (in Chinese)

so I'd say the awnser is no - Hao Long is not a chinese name- after all, I wouldn't call my kid "Dollar"

^
    But an even better awnser, thanx to wiki.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtesy_name

[b]Hao

Hao (Traditional Chinese: 號; Simplified Chinese: &#214 ...[text shortened]... t/close or am I looking wayyyyy toooo farrrr intoooo thingssss mannn?????????
    Read it as a Statement.....how long is a Chinese name. (Maria is a Spanish name)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree