Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

1. 03 Jul '05 00:00
    you are trapped in a room with two guards. one always lies and the other always tells the truth, but you dont know which is which. they each guard one door. one leads to death the other to freedom. you can ask one question to only one of the guards before you have to choose. How do you get out?
  2. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    03 Jul '05 01:56
    Too easy.

Bye.
  3. 03 Jul '05 02:04
    whats the answer then? how?
  4. Standard member ark13
    Enola Straight
    03 Jul '05 02:14
    Originally posted by Starryknight14
    whats the answer then? how?
    It's "If you were the other guard, which door would you tell me leads to life?" Let's say that door A leads to life. If you ask the guy that always tells the truth, then he'll say that it's door B because that's what the other guard would say. If you ask the guy that always lies, he'd say door B, because the other guy would say door A, but he has to lie. So you go through the opposite door that they tell you.
  5. 03 Jul '05 02:27
    youve heard it before huh? also i am a mystery man myself have you checked out our posts on determinism at the main page?
  6. 03 Jul '05 12:25
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Too easy.

Bye.
    wow you're really clever.
  7. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    03 Jul '05 13:46
    youve heard it before huh?
    Given that this problem is many, many years old it's really not that surprising.
  8. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    03 Jul '05 13:47
    Originally posted by N I K
    wow you're really clever.
    Thanks.
  9. 03 Jul '05 16:08
    Thanks.
    you're welcome. i wish i was as smart as you, i mean you knew the answer so well you didn't even post it. well done.
  10. 03 Jul '05 18:37
    you are trapped in a room with two guards. one always lies and the other always tells the truth, but you dont know which is which. they each guard one door. one leads to death the other to freedom. you can ask one question to only one of the guards before you have to choose. How do you get out?
    Of course most people know him (EVEN I do) it's a funny, hard, but old and well-known puzzle.
  11. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    03 Jul '05 19:12
    Originally posted by Florrat
    Of course most people know him (EVEN I do) it's a funny, hard, but old and well-known puzzle.
    Hard?
  12. 03 Jul '05 20:08
    Hard?
    People tend to forget that you are a genius, Bowmann I guess you just have to accept it - not all of us are as smart of you.
  13. 04 Jul '05 07:04
    Hard?
    I think you haven't solved the puzzle yourself when you didn't knew him, I think anyone else told the solution to you. If you knew it by yourself I think you are indeed a genius
  14. 30 Oct '06 20:09
    Stop doing this one.
  15. 31 Oct '06 08:16
    Originally posted by Florrat
    I think you haven't solved the puzzle yourself when you didn't knew him, I think anyone else told the solution to you. If you knew it by yourself I think you are indeed a genius
    You seem like a Floor rat.