Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Joined
    16 Jun '05
    Moves
    24582
    03 Jul '05 00:00
    you are trapped in a room with two guards. one always lies and the other always tells the truth, but you dont know which is which. they each guard one door. one leads to death the other to freedom. you can ask one question to only one of the guards before you have to choose. How do you get out?
  2. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Joined
    17 Mar '05
    Moves
    1345
    03 Jul '05 01:56
    Too easy.

    Bye.
  3. Joined
    16 Jun '05
    Moves
    24582
    03 Jul '05 02:04
    whats the answer then? how?
  4. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Joined
    16 Jan '05
    Moves
    12804
    03 Jul '05 02:14
    Originally posted by Starryknight14
    whats the answer then? how?
    It's "If you were the other guard, which door would you tell me leads to life?" Let's say that door A leads to life. If you ask the guy that always tells the truth, then he'll say that it's door B because that's what the other guard would say. If you ask the guy that always lies, he'd say door B, because the other guy would say door A, but he has to lie. So you go through the opposite door that they tell you.
  5. Joined
    16 Jun '05
    Moves
    24582
    03 Jul '05 02:27
    youve heard it before huh? also i am a mystery man myself have you checked out our posts on determinism at the main page?
  6. Joined
    01 Jan '05
    Moves
    4743
    03 Jul '05 12:25
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Too easy.

    Bye.
    wow you're really clever.
  7. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Joined
    17 Mar '05
    Moves
    1345
    03 Jul '05 13:46
    Originally posted by Starryknight14
    youve heard it before huh?
    Given that this problem is many, many years old it's really not that surprising.
  8. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Joined
    17 Mar '05
    Moves
    1345
    03 Jul '05 13:47
    Originally posted by N I K
    wow you're really clever.
    Thanks.
  9. Joined
    01 Jan '05
    Moves
    4743
    03 Jul '05 16:08
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Thanks.
    you're welcome. i wish i was as smart as you, i mean you knew the answer so well you didn't even post it. well done.😴
  10. Joined
    24 May '05
    Moves
    1958
    03 Jul '05 18:37
    Originally posted by Starryknight14
    you are trapped in a room with two guards. one always lies and the other always tells the truth, but you dont know which is which. they each guard one door. one leads to death the other to freedom. you can ask one question to only one of the guards before you have to choose. How do you get out?
    Of course most people know him (EVEN I do) it's a funny, hard, but old and well-known puzzle.
  11. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Joined
    17 Mar '05
    Moves
    1345
    03 Jul '05 19:12
    Originally posted by Florrat
    Of course most people know him (EVEN I do) it's a funny, hard, but old and well-known puzzle.
    Hard?
  12. Joined
    30 Oct '04
    Moves
    7797
    03 Jul '05 20:08
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Hard?
    People tend to forget that you are a genius, Bowmann 😉 I guess you just have to accept it - not all of us are as smart of you.
  13. Joined
    24 May '05
    Moves
    1958
    04 Jul '05 07:04
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Hard?
    I think you haven't solved the puzzle yourself when you didn't knew him, I think anyone else told the solution to you. If you knew it by yourself I think you are indeed a genius 🙂😀😉
  14. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    1692
    30 Oct '06 20:09
    Stop doing this one.
  15. cigarette box
    Joined
    07 Aug '06
    Moves
    5708
    31 Oct '06 08:16
    Originally posted by Florrat
    I think you haven't solved the puzzle yourself when you didn't knew him, I think anyone else told the solution to you. If you knew it by yourself I think you are indeed a genius 🙂😀😉
    You seem like a Floor rat.
Back to Top