Lift Riddle

Lift Riddle

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
30 Mar 07

A guy who lives on the twentieth story of an apartment block gets the
lift down to the lobby each day to go to work, it takes him 5 minutes
to reach the ground floor.

Each evening at 6 o'clock he returns from work and it takes him 30
minutes, travelling as quickly as he can to get back to his floor.

Why.

It's an oldy so if you've heard it shhh. please.

P

Moves
30 Mar 07

Some might consider this difficult, but the answer is really just STAIRing you in the face. (I have never seen this riddle before, I just solved it.)

T
Kupikupopo!

Out of my mind

Moves
31 Mar 07

Answers to questions like this usually don't come in SHORT supply. A creative person could figure out a dozen of solutions 🙂

F

Moves
31 Mar 07

Has Snowwhite or her friends something to do with it?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
31 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Has Snowwhite or her friends something to do with it?
Yes, the lift attendant goes off duty at 5:30 and for health and saftey reasons the lift can't be operated until 6:30pm when the evening attendant comes on shift, there are no stairs (except for the fire escape which is emergency use only) so he has a drink in the bar across the road and this is the fastest way he can get to his apartment. The bar-manager's nickname is Snow White.

E

Belgium

Moves
01 Apr 07

Because he takes the stairs...

g

Moves
02 Apr 07

The question then becomes, "Why does he take the stairs?" and the answer isn't because he wants to exercise.

As a obfuscation and/or help, it may be possible that he does take the elevator on rainy days.

c

Moves
02 Apr 07

Originally posted by Thequ1ck
A guy who lives on the twentieth story of an apartment block gets the
lift down to the lobby each day to go to work, it takes him 5 minutes
to reach the ground floor.

Each evening at 6 o'clock he returns from work and it takes him 30
minutes, travelling as quickly as he can to get back to his floor.

Why.

It's an oldy so if you've heard it shhh. please.
he is a short person and he can only reach some of the buttom. since the buttom for the frist floor is at the bottom he can reach it. but he goes up he can only reach, say the buttom for the ten floor, and so he has to take the stairs for the rest of the way up.

P

Moves
02 Apr 07

Originally posted by DeepThought
Yes, the lift attendant goes off duty at 5:30 and for health and saftey reasons the lift can't be operated until 6:30pm when the evening attendant comes on shift, there are no stairs (except for the fire escape which is emergency use only) so he has a drink in the bar across the road and this is the fastest way he can get to his apartment. The bar-manager's nickname is Snow White.
That's a pretty inefficient shift system.