Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    9905
    31 Jul '08 15:39
    53 6f 2c 20 6c 65 74 27 73 20 68 61 76 65 20 61 20 72 69 64 64 6c 65 20 69 6e 20 63 6f 64 65 2e 20 4f 6e 65 20 63 6f 6e 64 69 74 69 6f 6e 2e 2e 2e 20 69 66 20 79 6f 75 20 63 61 6e 20 75 6e 64 65 72 73 74 61 6e 64 20 74 68 69 73 2c 20 64 6f 6e 27 74 20 72 65 76 65 61 6c 20 77 68 61 74 20 69 74 20 73 61 79 73 20 61 6e 64 20 61 6e 73 77 65 72 20 6f 6e 6c 79 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 61 6d 65 20 6d 61 6e 6e 65 72 2e 20 0d 0a 0d 0a 57 68 6f 65 76 65 72 20 6d 61 6b 65 73 20 69 74 2c 20 74 65 6c 6c 73 20 69 74 20 6e 6f 74 2e 20 57 68 6f 65 76 65 72 20 74 61 6b 65 73 20 69 74 2c 20 6b 6e 6f 77 73 20 69 74 20 6e 6f 74 2e 20 41 6e 64 20 77 68 6f 65 76 65 72 20 6b 6e 6f 77 73 20 69 74 20 77 61 6e 74 73 20 69 74 20 6e 6f 74 2e

    Bet you never heard this one before!
  2. Sigulda, Latvia
    Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    4048
    01 Aug '08 08:471 edit
    Originally posted by UzumakiAi
    53 6f 2c 20 6c 65 74 27 73 20 68 61 76 65 20 61 20 72 69 64 64 6c 65 20 69 6e 20 63 6f 64 65 2e 20 4f 6e 65 20 63 6f 6e 64 69 74 69 6f 6e 2e 2e 2e 20 69 66 20 79 6f 75 20 63 61 6e 20 75 6e 64 65 72 73 74 61 6e 64 20 74 68 69 73 2c 20 64 6f 6e 27 74 20 72 65 76 65 61 6c 20 77 68 61 74 20 69 74 20 73 61 79 73 20 61 6e 64 20 61 6e 73 77 65 72 20 6f 6e 6c 79 2 ...[text shortened]... 77 73 20 69 74 20 77 61 6e 74 73 20 69 74 20 6e 6f 74 2e

    Bet you never heard this one before!
    No, nobody has yet told me this puzzle.

    EDIT: ok, gotta think a little. To be honest, I don't see any connection between the number-letters.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    46124
    01 Aug '08 09:55
    Originally posted by UzumakiAi
    53 6f 2c 20 6c 65 74 27 73 20 68 61 76 65 20 61 20 72 69 64 64 6c 65 20 69 6e 20 63 6f 64 65 2e 20 4f 6e 65 20 63 6f 6e 64 69 74 69 6f 6e 2e 2e 2e 20 69 66 20 79 6f 75 20 63 61 6e 20 75 6e 64 65 72 73 74 61 6e 64 20 74 68 69 73 2c 20 64 6f 6e 27 74 20 72 65 76 65 61 6c 20 77 68 61 74 20 69 74 20 73 61 79 73 20 61 6e 64 20 61 6e 73 77 65 72 20 6f 6e 6c 79 2 ...[text shortened]... 77 73 20 69 74 20 77 61 6e 74 73 20 69 74 20 6e 6f 74 2e

    Bet you never heard this one before!
    Hardly a code!

    http://www.net-force.nl/tools/hex_conv/
  4. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    827
    01 Aug '08 16:58
    54 68 65 20 61 6e 73 77 65 72 20 69 73 20 63 6f 75 6e 74 65 72 66 65 69 74 20 6d 6f 6e 65 79 2e
  5. Standard membersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52874
    01 Aug '08 19:202 edits
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    No, nobody has yet told me this puzzle.

    EDIT: ok, gotta think a little. To be honest, I don't see any connection between the number-letters.
    It's hexadecimal number notation, 4 binary digits represent one hexadecimal #. Like 0000= 0, 0001= 1, 0010=2, 0011=3 and so forth, but instead of stopping at 9 it goes like this: 1000=8, 1001=9, 1010= A, 1011=B, 1100=C, 1101=D, 1110=E, 1111=F
    so in Hex, 11111111=FF and 00000000 =00, 11111000=F8 and so forth.
    It lets you contract binary digits down to one symbol for 4 binary digits.
    1111=F=15 in decimal land, 1010=A=10 in decimal. So just sub those letters to convert to decimal and then decode the decimal. No big deal.
    The above hex converts to ASCII, which is just what a printer understands, like the first digit, 53 is S. That should be a big hint.
    4c 65 74 73 20 68 61 76 65 20 61 20 6e 69 63 65 20 67 61 6d 65 20 6f 66 20 63 68 65 73 73 2e
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    959272
    01 Aug '08 21:00
    Yawn
  7. Sigulda, Latvia
    Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    4048
    01 Aug '08 21:052 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It's hexadecimal number notation, 4 binary digits represent one hexadecimal #. Like 0000= 0, 0001= 1, 0010=2, 0011=3 and so forth, but instead of stopping at 9 it goes like this: 1000=8, 1001=9, 1010= A, 1011=B, 1100=C, 1101=D, 1110=E, 1111=F
    so in Hex, 11111111=FF and 00000000 =00, 11111000=F8 and so forth.
    It lets you contract binary digits down to one ...[text shortened]... .
    4c 65 74 73 20 68 61 76 65 20 61 20 6e 69 63 65 20 67 61 6d 65 20 6f 66 20 63 68 65 73 73 2e
    I know hexadecimals. I even wrote a neat little program in PASCAL that converts a number from any number system from binary to 36, to any number system from binary to 36, for example 13 to 27. Why 36? Because that's the most I could do with all capital Latin alphabet letters.

    What I don't see, is how these numbers are connected to each other. How to continue the line.

    EDIT: Oh, should've read your whole post.
  8. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    127.0.0.1
    Joined
    18 Dec '03
    Moves
    16172
    01 Aug '08 21:14
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    I know hexadecimals. I even wrote a neat little program in PASCAL that converts a number from any number system from binary to 36, to any number system from binary to 36, for example 13 to 27. Why 36? Because that's the most I could do with all capital Latin alphabet letters.

    What I don't see, is how these numbers are connected to each other. How to continue the line.

    EDIT: Oh, should've read your whole post.
    They're ascii letters, conversion table here:
    http://www.asciitable.com/

    Use the tool linked by wolfgang59 if you'd like to che-...er...speed up the process 🙂
  9. Sigulda, Latvia
    Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    4048
    01 Aug '08 21:19
    Originally posted by forkedknight
    They're ascii letters, conversion table here:
    http://www.asciitable.com/

    Use the tool linked by wolfgang59 if you'd like to che-...er...speed up the process 🙂
    Thank you, I already found a converter.
  10. Sigulda, Latvia
    Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    4048
    01 Aug '08 21:211 edit
    49:27:6d:20:73:6f:72:72:79:1f:20:49:20:64:6f:6e:27:74:20:72:65:61:6c:6c:79:20:6b:6e:6f:
    77:20:74:68:65:20:61:6e:73:77:65:72:2e:20:49:20:62:61:64:20:61:74:20:72:69:64:64:6c:
    65:73:20:65:76:65:6e:20:69:6e:20:6d:79:20:6c:61:6e:67:75:61:67:65:2e
  11. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    827
    01 Aug '08 23:59
    59 6f 75 20 73 68 6f 75 6c 64 20 72 65 61 64 20 6f 74 68 65 72 20 70 6f 73 74 73 20 74 6f 6f 2e 20 49 20 61 6c 72 65 61 64 79 20 67 61 76 65 20 74 68 65 20 61 6e 73 77 65 72 2e 20 3b 29
  12. Sigulda, Latvia
    Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    4048
    02 Aug '08 09:27
    Originally posted by crazyblue
    59 6f 75 20 73 68 6f 75 6c 64 20 72 65 61 64 20 6f 74 68 65 72 20 70 6f 73 74 73 20 74 6f 6f 2e 20 49 20 61 6c 72 65 61 64 79 20 67 61 76 65 20 74 68 65 20 61 6e 73 77 65 72 2e 20 3b 29
    57 68 61 74 27 73 20 63 6f 75 6e 74 65 72 66 65 69 74 20 6d 6f 6e 65 79 3f 20 53 65 72 69 6f 75 73 6c 79 2c 20 49 20 64 6f 6e 27 74 20 6b 6e 6f 77 2e
  13. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    827
    02 Aug '08 10:49
    46 61 6b 65 20 6d 6f 6e 65 79 3a 20 57 68 6f 65 76 65 72 20 6d 61 6b 65 73 20 69 74 2c 20 74 65 6c 6c 73 20 69 74 20 6e 6f 74 2e 20 57 68 6f 65 76 65 72 20 74 61 6b 65 73 20 69 74 2c 20 6b 6e 6f 77 73 20 69 74 20 6e 6f 74 2e 20 41 6e 64 20 77 68 6f 65 76 65 72 20 6b 6e 6f 77 73 20 69 74 20 77 61 6e 74 73 20 69 74 20 6e 6f 74 2e 20 49 20 6b 6e 65 77 20 74 68 69 73 20 69 6e 20 47 65 72 6d 61 6e 2c 20 62 75 74 20 68 61 64 20 74 6f 20 6c 6f 6f 6b 20 75 70 20 74 68 65 20 45 6e 67 6c 69 73 68 20 77 6f 72 64 20 74 6f 6f 2e 20 49 74 27 73 20 75 6e 63 6f 6d 6d 6f 6e 20 69 6e 64 65 65 64 2e
  14. Sigulda, Latvia
    Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    4048
    02 Aug '08 11:04
    Originally posted by crazyblue
    46 61 6b 65 20 6d 6f 6e 65 79 3a 20 57 68 6f 65 76 65 72 20 6d 61 6b 65 73 20 69 74 2c 20 74 65 6c 6c 73 20 69 74 20 6e 6f 74 2e 20 57 68 6f 65 76 65 72 20 74 61 6b 65 73 20 69 74 2c 20 6b 6e 6f 77 73 20 69 74 20 6e 6f 74 2e 20 41 6e 64 20 77 68 6f 65 76 65 72 20 6b 6e 6f 77 73 20 69 74 20 77 61 6e 74 73 20 69 74 20 6e 6f 74 2e 20 49 20 6b 6e 65 77 20 74 6 ...[text shortened]... 20 77 6f 72 64 20 74 6f 6f 2e 20 49 74 27 73 20 75 6e 63 6f 6d 6d 6f 6e 20 69 6e 64 65 65 64 2e
    4f 68 2c 20 66 61 6b 65 20 6d 6f 6e 65 79 2e 20 49 20 68 61 64 6e 27 74 20 68 65 61 72 64 20 74 68 65 20 74 65 72 6d 20 2d 20 63 6f 75 6e 74 65 72 66 65 69 74 20 6d 6f 6e 65 79 20 2d 20 62 65 66 6f 72 65 2e 20 54 68 61 6e 6b 73 20 66 6f 72 20 74 68 65 20 65 78 70 6c 61 6e 61 74 69 6f 6e 2e
  15. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    827
    02 Aug '08 20:23
    87 104 105 116 101 58 32 75 104 51 44 32 82 97 56 32 45 32 66 108 97 99 107 58 32 75 104 49 46 32 87 104 105 116 101 32 116 111 32 109 111 118 101 32 97 110 100 32 109 97 116 101 32 105 110 32 49 46 32 59 41
Back to Top