1. Joined
    31 Jan '09
    Moves
    23 Mar '10 22:39
    ill give riddles answer it correctly for another riddle

A man went on a trip with a fox, a goose, and a sack of corn. He came upon a stream which he had to cross and found a tiny boat to use to cross the stream. He could only take himself and one other - the fox, the goose, or the corn - at a time. He could not leave the fox alone with the goose or the goose alone with the corn. How does he get all safely over the stream?
  2. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    23 Mar '10 23:101 edit
    Originally posted by sloppyb

A man went on a trip with a fox, a goose, and a sack of corn. He came upon a stream which he had to cross and found a tiny boat to use to cross the stream. He could only take himself and one other - the fox, the goose, or the corn - at a time. He could not leave the fox alone with the goose or the goose alone with the corn. How does he get all safely over the stream?
    For this answer, I'll introduce the following notation:

(F,C) M,G --> ( )

where the first set of brackets represent one side of the stream, the items between the sets of brackets represent the boat, the second set of brackets represent the second side of the stream, the arrow represents the direction of travel, and the following abbreviations are used:

F = fox
    G = goose
    C = corn
    M = man

The solution is as follows:

1. (F,G,C,M) __ ( )
    2. (F,C) M,G --> ( )
    3. (F,C) <-- M (G)
    4. (C) M,F --> (G)
    5. (C) <-- M,G (F)
    6. (G) M,C --> (F)
    7. (G) <-- M (F,C)
    8. ( ) M,G --> (F,C)
    9. ( ) __ (M,F,G,C)
  3. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 20:34
    Originally posted by PBE6
    For this answer, I'll introduce the following notation:

(F,C) M,G --> ( )

where the first set of brackets represent one side of the stream, the items between the sets of brackets represent the boat, the second set of brackets represent the second side of the stream, the arrow represents the direction of travel, and the following abbreviations are used:
    ...[text shortened]... <-- M,G (F)
    6. (G) M,C --> (F)
    7. (G) <-- M (F,C)
    8. ( ) M,G --> (F,C)
    9. ( ) __ (M,F,G,C)
    There is one other answer which can be generated by swapping every F for C and vice-versa.

1. (C,G,F,M) __ ( )
    2. (C,F) M,G --> ( )
    3. (C,F) <-- M (G)
    4. (F) M,C --> (G)
    5. (F) <-- M,G (C)
    6. (G) M,F --> (C)
    7. (G) <-- M (C,F)
    8. ( ) M,G --> (C,F)
    9. ( ) __ (M,C,G,F)
  4. ALG
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 23:57
    Originally posted by sloppyb

Well, ehm, I gues:
    He shoud take the goose with him, since only the fox and the corn are an allowed pair. Then he goes back alone.
    Crossing again, he takes either the corn or the fox. Now he must take back the goose. After this, he brings either the corn or the fox, depending on his other choice, to the other side. Now he must cross it again to take to goose with him.
  5. Standard memberDer Bayer
    The Silver Hammer
    Moves
    07 Apr '10 04:561 edit
    I didn't answer the first riddle, but since no one else is posting a new one, I'll just post one that I heard several years ago.

Riddle: What am I?

I have a broad blade and a handle of wood.
    I bring people down, for bad or for good.
    The things I create are made out of air,
    Replacing the elements previously there.
  6. Joined
    24 Jan '09
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 01:08
    um...axe?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 06:23
    PBE6 and the Banana King at once!

http://www.hello-cthulhu.com/?date=2004-09-28
    YouTube
    YouTube
  8. Joined
    24 Jan '09
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 12:32
    Oh Ya!!

um a Silver Hammer? lol
  9. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 22:49
    Originally posted by Banana King
    um...axe?
    I think that's it, an axe, which is chopping down trees, creating holes.
  10. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 22:55
    A basket has 6 eggs in, 6 people each take one egg, but the basket still has one egg in, how is this?
  11. Joined
    24 Jan '09
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 23:42
    5 guys takean egg outta d basket but the last guy takes the basket with the egg still in it
  12. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    13 Apr '10 08:02
    Originally posted by Banana King
    5 guys takean egg outta d basket but the last guy takes the basket with the egg still in it
    Nice one 🙂
  13. Joined
    24 Jan '09
    Moves
    13 Apr '10 11:08
    WOO!
  14. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    14 Apr '10 20:07
    Try this one:

A lady says that her husband was murdered, by her sister. The judge says, "I've never seen a more strange case. Though her guilt is proven, this lady cannot be punished."

Why is that?

Standard rules, questions are allowed, please don't spoil it if you've seen it before
  15. ALG
    Moves
    14 Apr '10 21:12
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    Try this one:

A lady says that her husband was murdered, by her sister. The judge says, "I've never seen a more strange case. Though her guilt is proven, this lady cannot be punished."

Why is that?

Standard rules, questions are allowed, please don't spoil it if you've seen it before
    The sister's guilt is proven, so the lady who says her own husband was murdered, cannot be punished.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree