Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. 15 Jul '04 11:43
  2. 15 Jul '04 11:51
    Originally posted by STANG
    Very relaxing indeed! Thank you
  3. 21 Jul '04 22:23
    Originally posted by STANG
    it's odvious: it's the fourth one.
  4. 22 Jul '04 07:46
    Originally posted by fearlessleader
    it's odvious: it's the fourth one.
    How can it be the fourth one? If you read the sixth carefully, it obviously discounts the fourth, leaving only the second as a viable option - either you have fallen for the red herring or I am missing something!
  5. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Jul '04 16:24
    Simple!























  6. 23 Jul '04 22:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by kody magic
    How can it be the fourth one? If you read the sixth carefully, it obviously discounts the fourth, leaving only the second as a viable option - either you have fallen for the red herring or I am missing something!
    i'm fairly certain it's the fourth:

    the sixth is modified by the naidar, as is the second, thus acording to the third nither can be valid. the third must be valid, acording to epsolon. that leavs the fourth as the only applicable option. here's a more compleat explination:



    K^?

    n [p





    5



    ?^K +0!@b








    ++==++
    3#r
    4#t
    5#s



    get it?
  7. 26 Jul '04 11:32
    Originally posted by fearlessleader
    i'm fairly certain it's the fourth:

    the sixth is modified by the naidar, as is the second, thus acording to the third nither can be valid. the third must be valid, acording to epsolon. that leavs the fourth as the only applicable option. here's a more compleat explination:



    K^?

    n [p





    ...[text shortened]... 4#t
    5#s



    get it?
    I see your error!! Vodant's theory expressly prevents the holdum of the danthan, thus K^? becomes 3?^Kn.

    Also, I think you have transposed 'and' and 'but', which gives you 3#r, but 'but' and 'and' read correctly gives 3.2#r.
  8. 26 Jul '04 22:49
    Originally posted by kody magic
    I see your error!! Vodant's theory expressly prevents the holdum of the danthan, thus K^? becomes 3?^Kn.

    Also, I think you have transposed 'and' and 'but', which gives you 3#r, but 'but' and 'and' read correctly gives 3.2#r.
    your right (damn it)

    try this one:
















    ~

    ~

    ~













  9. 27 Jul '04 18:38
    Originally posted by fearlessleader
    your right (damn it)

    try this one:
















    ~

    ~

    ~













    A little trickier, but I'd say 44^7_89 on a Thursday.

    (My first thought was East Spalding, but I think you were trying to lead me down the wrong path!!)
  10. 27 Jul '04 21:59
    Originally posted by kody magic
    A little trickier, but I'd say 44^7_89 on a Thursday.

    (My first thought was East Spalding, but I think you were trying to lead me down the wrong path!!)
    correct
  11. 04 Aug '04 20:49
    anyone else know any good ones?