Speed

Speed

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F
Artist in Drawing

in your fridge

Moves
17 Aug 03

Originally posted by iamatiger
I put a camera in there, on a timer, with the flash disabled 🙄
But that still woudn't prove the ligth is out all the time. 😉

Moves
17 Aug 03

Originally posted by Fiathahel
But that still woudn't prove the ligth is out all the time. 😉
Ok - I just drilled a hole in my fridge door so I can see inside when it's closed and the light is indeed out all the time. Now I just have to buy a new fridge... But how will I know whether the light goes out in that one? 🙄😵🙄

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Aug 03

"Ok - I just drilled a hole in my fridge " Iamatiger.

... ho ho yo iamatiger , forget about that light. What happened to my icecream ? ... :'(

IvanH.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
17 Aug 03

Originally posted by genius
but where's the darkness going?
It doesn't go anywhere. It's still there, but you can't see it when the lights are on.😲

g
Wayward Soul

Your Blackened Sky

Moves
17 Aug 03

Originally posted by mwmiller
It doesn't go anywhere. It's still there, but you can't see it when the lights are on.😲
if it doesn't go anywhere, how can it have a speed?

The Elder

Moves
18 Aug 03

While we are at it Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?😏

T

Moves
18 Aug 03

Originally posted by Gburl
'cos the bulb / window or whatever would get covered in ice in the freezer. or maybe there is one, but its only on when the door is closed?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
18 Aug 03

Originally posted by Gburl

Because the manufacturers did not want to be dragged into the same
discussions they had before about the lights in the fridge !! 😀

IvanH.

F
Artist in Drawing

in your fridge

Moves
18 Aug 03

Originally posted by Toe
'cos the bulb / window or whatever would get covered in ice in the freezer. or maybe there is one, but its only on when the door is closed?
If the light only is on when the door is closed, then how do you know if it's broken? You can't always drill a hole in your freezer every time you suspect the light is not burning when the door is closed

Moves
18 Aug 03

Originally posted by ivanhoe
"Ok - I just drilled a hole in my fridge " Iamatiger.

... ho ho yo iamatiger , forget about that light. What happened to my icecream ? ... :'(

IvanH.
When observed through the hole the ice cream appeared not to move, but of course it may have been transfixed by my hungry stare.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
18 Aug 03

When observed through the hole the ice cream appeared not to move, but of course it may have been transfixed by my hungry stare.

So, you did see it ! Great, the light was on then ... 😉

IvanH.

Moves
19 Aug 03

Originally posted by ivanhoe

So, you did see it ! Great, the light was on then ... 😉

IvanH.
Actually I had to shine a powerful torch through another hole to see the ice cream. Its more cream than ice now, do you still want it?

Moves
19 Aug 03

Originally posted by Fiathahel
If the light only is on when the door is closed, then how do you know if it's broken? You can't always drill a hole in your freezer every time you suspect the light is not burning when the door is closed
Why not?

O

Moves
19 Aug 03

>wouldn't darkness be the lack of light. but heat would still exist. maybe... which would be travelling at the speed of light. so, what's the speed of a vacume?<

i think that darkness is merely the absence of radiation in the human perceivable electromagnetic spectrum, therefore all sorts of other things could exist inside it (and you know they do 😉) which are moving at whatever speed they choose, from ultrafast microwaves to ultra slow bats. *ideal* darkness would be a vacuum, but there is no such thing in reality and if there were, introducing some kind of speed measurement system would make it imperfect. i suspect you'd be better off opening the freezer and taking the ice cream out

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
19 Aug 03

Actually I had to shine a powerful torch through another hole to see the ice cream. Its more cream than ice now, do you still want it?

No thanks, better luck next time ...
... you could bring me a glass of water though.
Reading all these threads is making me thirsty.
To be honest I'd rather have a beer ... 😛

IvanH.