spped of light

spped of light

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by flamble
The reason you go back in time when you travel at the speed of light is this:
Imagine that you where in space, and miles in front of you was a clock, that you could see from your start place, because of the light travelling from the clock to you. If you then travelled faster than the speed of light towards the clock, you could read the time sooner than befo ...[text shortened]... s impossible, it is impossible for humans to travel at "light speed".

Anyone follow that???
I follow your reasoning, it is clear and well understood. But I don't make the same interpretation as you do.

A stationary clock can't tell your time if you only watch it from distance, as in this experiment. Not more than I can tell the time by watching my clock when the pendulum has been stopped. If the clock hands doesn't move doesn't say that the time stands still.

When you travel in super luminous velocities, what does the wrist watch tell you? That's is the crucial question.
How will non-reversible (in time) phenomenon, like boiling water, behave?
If you say that the egg will be uncoiled in the cooling water with bubbles going downwards - I just don't believe you.

But this is a hypothetical question, the direction of the time arrow, because you will not be able to do any experiment about it. Hitherto there is not possible to go in super luminal velocities, not ourselves, not for any particle detectable.

l

Moves
12 Oct 06
1 edit

what if the water started condensing from the steam it was producing when it was boiling? that would be going backwards without any conflict. it happens all the time. if you cool steam off it will condense and turn into some sort of condensate.

Now the egg im not so sure about, because once something is boiled it could not become raw again so.....maybe the egg loses energy through emitting heat or something. maybe the egg cools down.

I really don't know. You're passing over my realm of thought, and I am not sure whether it is on purpose or not.

F

Moves
12 Oct 06
1 edit

Originally posted by liteswordatlitespeed
what if the water started condensing from the steam it was producing when it was boiling? that would be going backwards without any conflict. it happens all the time. if you cool steam off it will condense and turn into some sort of condensate.

Now the egg im not so sure about, because once something is boiled it could not become raw again s w. You're passing over my realm of thought, and I am not sure whether it is on purpose or not.
The boiling egg is just an example of a thermodynamic principle when the arrow of time is not reversable.

The same principle rules the processes in the brain to. That means - If you are in a backward time, then you experience the backward phenomena with backward thoughts. Backwards plus backwords becomes forward. So even if the time goes backward you have no way of telling it.

If the clock you're watching goes backward - it proves that either the clock goes forward in a backward time or your brain goes backward in a forward time. No way to tell what.

l

Moves
12 Oct 06
1 edit

two backwards make a forward? what?

two wrongs dont make a right, though.

either your brain or the clock could be moving backwards...very good observation...

You know, I never really stopped and thought of it that way!
Thank you for opening a new mental standard.

D8

Moves
13 Oct 06

We were created / thought etc. (whatever you believe) to stay within the boundaries of our own solar system, like it or not. Otherwise we could pollute / destroy other solar systems around us and therefore create a chain of destruction i.e. domino effect (we're only human ffs 😀).
Who amongst us (after a good cuppa and a wee think) would seriously let the human race (with all its flaws and strenghts) loose against a poor, unsuspecting Universe???
Not ay, me auld chum. We've not even discovered half of the planet we live on; I struggle to believe we've been to the moon & the space programs are a joke.
Forget mathematics and listen to your heart. There are laws we understand that can't be broken; for very obvious reasons. Until we can attain the intelligence to 'rule / organise' our own planet, and therefore 'destiny' (to a point) we ain't gonna leave this rock.

Maths is not absolute, it's just a 'description / equation' of the facts we have on our universe so far as we can 'see / explain' it.

Just one opinion (probably flawed and hotly contested)

Donut 😀

F

Moves
13 Oct 06

two backwards make a forward? what?
Well, yes.

Take a film into a projector and run it backward. Result: You see it backwards.
Take a film and put it backward in a projector and run it forward. Result: You see it backwards.
And now...
Take a film and put it backward in a projector and run it backward. Result: You see it forwards. (!)

Take a backward going clock and see it in an environment with time going backward. What do you see? (...!)
And what about the clocks you see here and now? Do they go forward or backward? Forward of course.
But can you from this reasoning tell the direction of time? No, neither can I.

But this is a convention and a convention only. We live in a universe with a forward directed time and all we experience is forward.

F

Moves
16 Oct 06

Originally posted by Donut 859
We were created / thought etc. (whatever you believe) to stay within the boundaries of our own solar system, like it or not. Otherwise...
No, we are not created / thought etc. to stay within the boundaries of our own solar system. Neither nature nor God has made this restriction to us.
Simply not true, like it or not.

There are no otherwise.

l

Moves
16 Oct 06
1 edit

GOD HAS GIVEN US BOUNDARIES! LEARN AND UNDERSTAND THIS CONCEPT.

It says it in the Bible.

"And the peace of God, that transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 4:7
That means it is above our comprehension

F

Moves
16 Oct 06

[b]GOD HAS GIVEN US BOUNDARIES! LEARN AND UNDERSTAND THIS CONCEPT.

It says it in the Bible.

"And the peace of God, that transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 4:7
That means it is above our comprehension[/b]
He who wrote the verse didn't know anything about the boundaries of the solar system.

Study the Koran, the Torah, the Veda books and other religous scriptures and you will find nothing of the kind that man is not ment to travel through space.

We now live in the 21st century. Chess is our God.

l

Moves
17 Oct 06

I consider you a brilliant mind, Fabian, and you have great aspirations; however, you forget something.

Yes, the man who wrote it didn't know much about the solar system, but it was inspired from the God who MADE the solar system.

Your god (chess) can't do that.

Being brilliant does not prevent you from being wrong.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Oct 06

I consider you a brilliant mind, Fabian, and you have great aspirations; however, you forget something.

Yes, the man who wrote it didn't know much about the solar system, but it was inspired from the God who [b]MADE
the solar system.

Being brilliant does not prevent you from being wrong.[/b]
And I ask you this: just what is the boundary of our solar system?

F

Moves
17 Oct 06
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
And I ask you this: just what is the boundary of our solar system?
This is an interesting question: Where is the boundary of our solar system?

Several propositions could be made:
(1) As long as the gravitation of the sun is detectable.
(2) Halfway to the neareast star in every direction.
(3) Where the gravitation from the sun is so low that no orbits around sun longer is stable.
(4) Where the solar wind meets the interstellar medium.
(5) Just outside the Oort cloud.
(6) Just outside the orbits of the nine planets.

But none of these alternatives defines the boundaries of the solar system very well. Nowhere could we put up a painted sign with the text "Solar system ends here".

But, still, the question is very interesting.
What is your definition of the boundaries of the solar system?

F

Moves
17 Oct 06
2 edits

Yes, the man who wrote it didn't know much about the solar system, but it was inspired from the God who [b]MADE
the solar system.

Being brilliant does not prevent you from being wrong.[/b]
You flatter me, liteswordatlitespeed, with nice words. And you're so right, being brilliant is not the guarantee that you are right.

Now, this is a question of religion, but what religion? Is one religion better than every other?
No, I don't think so. Every personal religion is as good as any other. No one has the monopoly to know the true answer. Those who not agree upon this is the one with no humbleness. And only people with no humbleness can think of war as a means to settle the question. I don't want war. I rather be humble.
Remember - in religion there is nothing such as being right or wrong - it's all about faith, nothing more, nothing less.

This is not a thread of spirituality so if you want further discussion about the will and intention of God, any God, even Caïssa herself, I am willing to do so in the "Spirituality" forum.

Vaya con Dios.

l

Moves
17 Oct 06

Very intelligent question, Fabian, and I would like to move this to the spirituality forum if you so desire. I shall answer there. In this thread (sooner or later) i will tell you what thread to look for. However I cannot create this new thread right now.

I feel that we have no boundaries according to our solar system. However I am not sure how far beyond it we can expand. If the... *cough* Great Being *cough*...wanted us to know about things outside our solar system, would he not have shown us after eight-ten thousand years (or however long you think the earth has been around for)?

Thank you,

(my preferred name)
Lightsword... ... ... ... ...
*fades into shadow*

F

Moves
17 Oct 06
1 edit

Very intelligent question, Fabian, and I would like to move this to the spirituality forum if you so desire. I shall answer there. In this thread (sooner or later) i will tell you what thread to look for. However I cannot create this new thread right now.

I feel that we have no boundaries [b]according to our solar system
. However I am no ...[text shortened]...

Thank you,

(my preferred name)
Lightsword... ... ... ... ...
*fades into shadow*[/b]
I've already started a thread for this matter: Thread 54322

See you there!