1. USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 02:50
    Here's another one: a man is found dead with a gunshot wound to the chest. There is nothing in the room except for a broken pencil, a pool of water near the man, a light bulb in the ceiling, a door that is locked and hasn't been broken, and a window that is shut tight and is not broken or tampered with in any way. SO how did the man get shot?πŸ™„
  2. Joined
    15 Apr '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 04:16
    his wife shot him then walked out and locked the door
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 10:43
    A couple of questions.

1) Was the water originally ice?

2) Was the pencil holding the window open at some point?

3) Did the dead man commit suicide?
  4. Standard memberemanon
    Student
    Leuven
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 11:08
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Here's another one: a man is found dead with a gunshot wound to the chest. There is nothing in the room except for a broken pencil, a pool of water near the man, a light bulb in the ceiling, a door that is locked and hasn't been broken, and a window that is shut tight and is not broken or tampered with in any way. SO how did the man get shot?πŸ™„
    πŸ™„
  5. USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 14:07
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    A couple of questions.

There was no gun in the house, and the man did not commit suicide and the man was definetly SHOT. Thats all I can tell youπŸ˜›
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 15:491 edit
    A couple of questions.

I think 2 is quite important. If the bullet goes through the pencil that is holding the window up then the window will shut and the pencil will be broken. It's not really clear what the relevance of the water is, as the ice melting thing is when he hangs himself. I suppose my questions are was the window locked, or just shut, and is the pencil broken as in lead broken off, or is the pencil broken into two or more pieces?
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 16:48
    some one shot him from outside the window while the window was open during a rain storm...the window collapsed when the bullet hit the guy....some rain got in when the window was open
  8. USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 23:34
    Originally posted by uzless
    some one shot him from outside the window while the window was open during a rain storm...the window collapsed when the bullet hit the guy....some rain got in when the window was open
    no
  9. USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 23:341 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I think 2 is quite important. If the bullet goes through the pencil that is holding the window up then the window will shut and the pencil will be broken. It's not really clear what the relevance of the water is, as the ice melting thing is when he hangs himself. I suppose my questions are was the window locked, or just shut, and is the pencil broken as in lead broken off, or is the pencil broken into two or more pieces?
    the pencil was broken into two pieces, The window is just shut tight not locked(BIG HINTπŸ˜‰)
  10. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 01:01
    I would guess that the pencil was holding up the window, then someone shot an ice bullet (*) at the man which broke the pencil en route, thus closing the window. The bullet would then melt (heat from light bulb, is that why it was mentioned?)

(*) You said shotgun wound, otherwise I would have guessed an icicle fired using a bow and arrow would be more likely.
  11. USA
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 01:15
    I would guess that the pencil was holding up the window, then someone shot an ice bullet (*) at the man which broke the pencil en route, thus closing the window. The bullet would then melt (heat from light bulb, is that why it was mentioned?)

(*) You said shotgun wound, otherwise I would have guessed an icicle fired using a bow and arrow would be more likely.
    good guess but no. One more thing, there could be no such thing as a ice bullet as it would melt from the intense heat inside the gun barrel, and no that is not why the light bulb was mentioned

HINT: Okay I'll clarify that light bulb was new and just screwed in. BIGGEST HINT I'LL EVER GIVE😞
  12. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 06:15
    got it the answ.er is...
  13. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 06:16
    stephen baldwin made him watch one of his movies and he killed himself,,,,, still thinking about that part
  14. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 06:19
    but seriosly.... a hard puzzle can add extras to distract people but you sound like the light had something to do with it,,,ok im not going to be able to go to sleep now gaaahhhhhhhhhh
  15. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 06:20
    ..... ya i said it i just replaced argggg with gahhh

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree