1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 23:12
    The Goblins begin to throw twigs and other debris at the tiger from up in the trees as iamatiger climbs a tree as well.

"We are like men! Goblin King said so! We have hands like men! You are a beast, tiger! We are superior, because we are like men! Yes, Goblin King? Aren't we like men?"

Goblin King ignores them.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 21:591 edit
    [b][i]Tomtom232 and VelvetEars head north towards the strong male voices chanting.

They enter a region of tall cliffs. The black bishops in the following diagram are the sources of the deep chanting voices, but they cannot be seen. The path ahead, however, can be seen by the man on the left (b3) as he looks over the rocks. He seems to be a sentry. He does not yet see tomtom232 or VelvetEars.

3. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 22:24
    Are these goblins brave? Jump into the same tree as one and see.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 00:363 edits
    [b][i]The goblins respond to iamatiger's advance with shrieks of alarm. The one in the tree iamatiger leaps to leaps back, dodging the tiger. Then the goblins begin to attack with clubs and hands, hitting the tiger painfully in the head and paws.

Goblin King says, "Goblins! Get that tiger out of here! Kill it if you have to!"

[i]
  5. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 09:33
    Now I am maddened, head straight towards the king. Rage helps the possessing spirit within and I lose control.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '11 12:40
    I'm drawn to the chanting voices, however I don't trust the sentry.
    I'll attempt to sneak past him by throwing a rock to land behind him, and while he is distracted to sneak up the main path towards the chanting voices.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '11 22:35
    Follow velvet.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    09 Aug '11 22:51
    VelvetEars easily finds a good sized throwing rock and hurls it, making a noise at b6. As the sentry turns and walks over there to investigate, VelvetEars and tomtom232 sneak forward.

The tall man shouts in a deep voice across the path to the east,

"HEY! Stop throwing rocks at me you idiots! I'm trying to chant and watch the path at the same time and you're not helping!"
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 12:00
    (Knew I should have thrown the rock at him instead)

I hesitate a moment thinking of what to say before saying:
    "Hello .... Nice rocks? Sorry about that, I was aiming for a badger. Greetings Stranger! May I ask why you are chanting here? And will you grant us safe passage through here, I'm a travelling merchant and have good things on sale stranger."

(Come to think of it, the only thing I have left to sell is a scratched ruby)
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 21:20
    As the goblins begin to become more aggressive...

Watch this clip from 0:20 through 0:58

YouTube

...iamatiger leaps between two goblins and snags Goblin King's thigh with three claws, gouging three parallel gouges down his leg. The suprised goblins shriek and panic for a moment before attacking as Goblin King pulls away, smelling of fear and astonishment. He didn't expect this direct attack!

Meanwhile, Banana King blissfully dances underneath the battle in the canopy toward the banana trees, ignored by everyone.

To iamatiger's left he can see that the black Rook on g6 is really a giant, majestic, gnarled tree that dwarfs the other trees around.

After Goblin King moves out of reach and goblins begin to surround iamatiger, he grabs one in his teeth! It screeches in terror!

Watch 0:06 - 0:31

YouTube
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 21:31
    Up in the rocky hills, VelvetEars and tomtom232 hear the tall man shout in a deep voice across the path to the east,

"HEY! Stop throwing rocks at me you idiots! I'm trying to chant and watch the path at the same time and you're not helping!"

VelvetEars gasps quietly, and then begins to speak.

"Hello .... Nice rocks?"

At the same time, several deep voices similar to the first respond from ahead and to the right (g5-7 on the map)

"We didn't throw any rocks that way..."

Then, the sentry gasps loudly and says, "WHO SAID THAT? About the rocks?!"

From the right, "You did, you idiot."

From the sentry, "No, I heard something else. Be quiet you fools, let's try to listen."

The sentry apparently did not see VelvetEars or tomtom232 - he was shouting to the men on the right when VelvetEars responded! He still can't see her or tomtom232, but he heard VelvetEars speak...
  12. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 09:37
    I seem to be a good distraction! Drag the nasty goblin into the high tree. They won't be able to throw rocks at me up there.
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 12:05
    OK, that was nearly a disaster, I'm going to stay quiet for a minute, to see if he starts to head back to his outpost. If he does, I'll run to b8-c8.

If they move towards d5, I'll pretend to be involved in an in-depth discussion with tomtom232 about his favourite kind of rock.
  14. Standard membermegamaster
    Xelenal of Epaland
    Epaladian Sea
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 01:50
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]Up in the rocky hills, VelvetEars and tomtom232 hear the tall man shout in a deep voice across the path to the east,

VelvetEars gasps quietly, and then begins to speak.

"Hello .... Nice rocks?"

At the same tim ...[text shortened]... ! He still can't see her or tomtom232, but he heard VelvetEars speak...
    [/b]
    Megamaster appears after a long silence
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 04:22
    [b][i]Iamatiger is no better a climber than the goblins, but he is in no danger from thrown rocks here in the jungle - the goblins are only using wooden clubs and throwing sticks. In fact there are very few visible rocks in this area.

He kills the goblin in his mouth, but as he's finishing it he feels painful strikes from clubs as well as savage goblin bites! He is bruised and bleeding and enraged - but he realizes he is going to lose eventually. There are still four goblins as well as Goblin King and iamatiger is getting hurt.

Banana King continues to move forwards until he is in reach of the closest banana tree, the one on f3. The scent of the large, mature banana tree is intoxicating. Powerful banana magic can be cast here.

Goblin King calls out to him as he binds his wound with a strip of furry animal skin, "Banana King, help me! That tiger is a man-eater! We need to kill it before it gets away!"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree