Moves
    28 Jul '07 22:28
    Tiger Uppercut!

The most cowardly Muay Thai fighter who ever lived
  2. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 22:35
    muay thai is a solid fighting style though..
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 02:25
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Tiger Uppercut!

The most cowardly Muay Thai fighter who ever lived
    Those moves are the only good ones he has. Pity the poor sap when he faces Ryu.
  4. Going where needed.
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 02:28
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I don't. He deserves to get that big fat-a_ _ scar on his chest for what he's done. He's laughed in the face of the hero, and Ryu came back...

Shoryuken! Hadoken! Shinkuu Hadoken! Shin-Shoryuken! Den-Jin Hadoken!
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 10:33
    Ryu's just as bad. These two pansies run as far apart from each other and then throw things at each other from maximum possible range. Pansies!

Now Zangief - that guy's macho.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 15:44
    Ryu's just as bad. These two pansies run as far apart from each other and then throw things at each other from maximum possible range. Pansies!

Now Zangief - that guy's macho.
    Computer Ryu does play like a pansy. However, a human playing Ryu has the tools to be effective close-up [the uppercut, spinning kick, and even just the regular roundhouse kicks work damn good].

LOL. Zangief's macho, yes, but who can actually win with him?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 00:59
    Computer Ryu does play like a pansy. However, a human playing Ryu has the tools to be effective close-up [the uppercut, spinning kick, and even just the regular roundhouse kicks work damn good].

Dude...that grabby spinny piledrive has insane range and it hits hard. He's definitely playable. You just need to spin that joystick fast and hit the button at the right time. Then she'll go into ecst...

I mean, then you'll win with Zangief.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 01:00

Fighting close up with Ryu's techniques - that's what Ken's for.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 01:071 edit
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1711287
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1727058
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1732680
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 20:50
    Fighting close up with Ryu's techniques - that's what Ken's for.
    Ryu's fireball is better, and his uppercut wins head-to-head against Ken's, because Ken's goes too high, and doesn't always knock the opponent down. The only advantage Ken has is that his spin kick is faster.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 20:52
    Dude...that grabby spinny piledrive has insane range and it hits hard. He's definitely playable. You just need to spin that joystick fast and hit the button at the right time. Then she'll go into ecst...

I mean, then you'll win with Zangief.
    Yeah, but how many people can hit the 360 degree motion perfectly, without jumping or stepping back?

And even if they can, how are they going to get past the fireballs and range attacks of the other characters? Zangief moves so slow that even Dhalsim can beat him.
  12. Going where needed.
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 21:57
    Ryu's fireball is better, and his uppercut wins head-to-head against Ken's, because Ken's goes too high, and doesn't always knock the opponent down. The only advantage Ken has is that his spin kick is faster.
    Ken has some awesome combos though.

You can never underestimate him.

"Touch Of Death": Flying Roundhouse (Neck Kick works best for 4 hits) to a Standing or Crouching Fierce to a Fierce DP. Keeping your opponent in the air. That's what it's all about.

"Air Hurricane": Jumping Towards Attack that hits high immediately followed by an aerial HK.

"Sweep Fireball": Jumping Towards Strong/Fierce/Forward/Roundhouse
    Crouching Forward
    Strong/Fierce FB.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 22:031 edit
    Yeah, but how many people can hit the 360 degree motion perfectly, without jumping or stepping back?

And even if they can, how are they going to get past the fireballs and range attacks of the other characters? Zangief moves so slow that even Dhalsim can beat him.
    I can about 75% of the time and I never even played Zangief that much. I don't think you actually need to go 360 degrees. I think it's more like 270 or less.

He has that spinny move that lets him go past fireballs, though THAT one I always had a hard time with. Hitting three buttons simultaneously is much harder than the piledriver.

You gotta block a lot with Zangief and creep up. Also taking a fireball while simultaneously doing a crouch roundhouse does more damage to the other guy than it does Zangief. He's not designed for "PERFECT" victories.

Here's some Zangief asswoopin'

YouTube

EDIT - He later got that glowy hand thing for blocking fireballs too as the video shows.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 05:32
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1711287
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1727058
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1732680
    LOL! Those rule. Too bad they didn't finish the series!
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 10:08
    What's better about it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree