1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    06 Sep '06 10:03
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If I hear a teeny joke, then I let those who enjoys it laugh at it. That is one part of social skill. It is not social skill to tell that people are idiots laughing at teeny stuff, especially if they are teenies. Xantoz does this but then he lacks social skills.

You said "a good part of having social skills is knowing what [b]not
    to say" and one th ...[text shortened]... m who enjoy such a riddles answer it. Why woyld I destroy the fun for them? I'm not a judge.[/b]
    Xanthos? Get real, BigDogg is much worse than Xanthos in that aspect.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '06 13:30

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '06 14:14
    uh oh...believe me, you shouldn't have mentioned your age. 🙂
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '06 16:302 edits
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Xanthos? Get real, BigDogg is much worse than Xanthos in that aspect.
    Xantos has clearly proved for anyone that he lacks any thread of social skills. Perhaps others is worse, I don't know. Xantoz ties to kill the good spirit of this forum so no one will not dare to post a riddle without the fear to be called an idiot or the riddle to be lame. Riddles and posers don't have to be judged and approved by anyone, least of all Xantoz.

I know Xantoz has no honor. I don't compare him with others. He proves his lack of social competence very well himself. Even whiteknight4 is more mature than Xantoz, despite his low age.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 Sep '06 19:541 edit
    If I hear a teeny joke, then I let those who enjoys it laugh at it. That is one part of social skill. It is not social skill to tell that people are idiots laughing at teeny stuff, especially if they are teenies. Xantoz does this but then he lacks social skills.

You said "a good part of having social skills is knowing what [b]not
    to say" and one th m who enjoy such a riddles answer it. Why woyld I destroy the fun for them? I'm not a judge.[/b]
    I don't agree with your definition of social skills. It's possible to have social skills and not get along with everyone. Some people prefer a smaller circle of friends.

Calling a spammer an idiot is appropriate, IMO. As if starting up several threads with cheesy riddles wasn't bad enough, the guy had to start/hijack several threads whining that nobody was looking at the riddles and begging people to go look. (Pretend that your hypothetical teeny crowd noticed that you didn't laugh and then followed you around begging you to listen to their jokes again.)

Why do you assume that Xanthos is the only judge? Everyone's free to criticise or praise the riddles as they see fit.

Furthermore, why must criticism ruin things for others? I enjoy esoteric and difficult chess puzzles (retros, proof games, etc.). This isn't going to change if other people criticize the problems. In fact, if I feel their criticisms aren't valid, I can easily respond and show why they're not.
  6. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 01:46
    Originally posted by uzless
    you said "underwater" which is one word. In order for that answer to be correct you would have had to type 2 words as "under water". To simply place a glass of water on your head is standing under water, not underwater.

Underwater means something entirely different than under water.😛
    I just stumbled onto this thread and started reading the posts one by one. And as I went along, I also noticed the "underwater", and wanted to comment on it... until I read your comment. Indeed, there is a difference "underwater" and "under water".

But just out of curiosity, uzless, what if a person is sitting in, say, a submarine cruising at 50 metres below the surface of the sea. Technically speaking he is underwater (but at the same time being in a submarine), unless of course if the submarine itself can be considered as a breathing equipment? Or did the poser of the question meant breathing equipment as in scuba gear etc. only?
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 02:21
    Originally posted by whiteknight4
    I haven't heard some of these riddles and i think they are really funny...........i am 9
    Bye bye.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 06:49
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I don't agree with your definition of social skills. It's possible to have social skills and not get along with everyone. Some people prefer a smaller circle of friends.

Calling a spammer an idiot is appropriate, IMO. As if starting up several threads with cheesy riddles wasn't bad enough, the guy had to start/hijack several threads whining that no ...[text shortened]... if I feel their criticisms aren't valid, I can easily respond and show why they're not.
    Calling a person you don’t really know a idiot is not a sign of good social skills.
    Xantoz lack of social skills shows in a lot of postings he makes.
  9. Joined
    20 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 08:34
    I think we all lack social skills to some degree, different people in different ways. XanthosNZ lacks social skills in the sense that he is overly critical and direct in his comments, and so you could say he's tactless. But then again, he usually has a fairly relevant point to make.

Take the threads in the Posers and Puzzlers forum. Certainly some (no names mentioned) are utter drivel. It's nice to have that mentioned once in a while, since it is true. Having said that, I think the odd individual sometimes gets too harshly treated.
  10. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 15:301 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I'll give you [b]one non-sub anti-rec.

You talk alot about social skills, but it never seems to occur to you that a good part of having social skills is knowing what not to say. Most of these riddles I would never use in front of real people because of the inevitable groans and rolling of eyes.

The riddler runs the risk that the crowd lowed to join RHP. The site owners have made it clear that they don't want young kids here.[/b]
    And I'll give you a sub😞 one.

(Long story.)
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 17:55
    I say there are a great lack of social skills when someone says he has lot of brains that everyone else doesn't have, telling others what idiots they are when he himself in the first place has not understood the problem and therefore even can't discuss the matter without ridicule others who do. This is one clear sign of a lack of social skills.

And - yes - I'm talking about Xantoz.

But I don't say he is a 100% fool, he has some good points, he is a clever one, but he lacks of social skills. This is what I'm trying to say.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 18:33
    I say there are a great lack of social skills when someone says he has lot of brains that everyone else doesn't have, telling others what idiots they are when he himself in the first place has not understood the problem and therefore even can't discuss the matter without ridicule others who do. This is one clear sign of a lack of social skills.

And - y ...[text shortened]... points, he is a clever one, but he lacks of social skills. This is what I'm trying to say.
    It happens to most high IQ types. When as a child a kid is ten years ahead of his peers, you can't expect that one to participate in all the childhood games that satisfy the average 8 year old, for instance. That usually leads to isolation from the peer group and it is no suprise when such a person ends up with low social skills. The poster boy for that was William Sidis, an american with supposedly the highest IQ ever recorded, I think in his case it was estimated only because of his time frame, late 19th century to mid 20th. At any rate he had his MD at the age of 10 and gave talks on mathematics to the math department at Harvard (I think it was Harvard) where he had worked out the possiblity of black holes 20 years before anyone else even thought of them. But he was such a world class ashhole when it came to social skills he was basically run out of town on a rail by the academic community. He had a bad mouth and didn't hesitate calling his professors idiots any chance he got. He ended up collecting subway tokens and going from one menial job to another till he died. He won a lawsuit against the NY times in a slander case in 1945 and died shortly thereafter. Clearly XanthosNZ is not quite in that catagory but that is the trend line for high IQ types.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 19:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It happens to most high IQ types. When as a child a kid is ten years ahead of his peers, you can't expect that one to participate in all the childhood games that satisfy the average 8 year old, for instance. That usually leads to isolation from the peer group and it is no suprise when such a person ends up with low social skills. The poster boy for that was ...[text shortened]... Clearly XanthosNZ is not quite in that catagory but that is the trend line for high IQ types.
    Very interesting. Exactly a personality that has hi IQ but low SQ and EQ.

IQ - intelectual quality, such as capability to solve mathematical problems. Xantoz has this. He says.
    SQ - social qualities. Know the social codes and can behaves in various constellations of people. Adaptable. Ofthe has many good friends and are appreciated wherever they turn up. Xantos has low SQ.
    EQ - ability to feel others emotions and can easily handle his own emotions. Self reflecting about interaction with other people. Having a high degree of empathy. Xantoz has low EQ.

People with high IQ, high SQ and high EQ are respected people and allways loved by other people. Xantoz isn't.

My bottom line is that IQ is not enough. A mix of the three is always better. Even lower IQ but higher EQ and SQ are better fit into our society. I'm not impressed by high IQ alone.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 20:28
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    And I'll give you a sub😞 one.

(Long story.)
    Did you ever track down the person who bought your star?
  15. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 00:351 edit
    Very interesting. Exactly a personality that has hi IQ but low SQ and EQ.

IQ - intelectual quality, such as capability to solve mathematical problems. Xantoz has this. He says.
    SQ - social qualities. Know the social codes and can behaves in various constellations of people. Adaptable. Ofthe has many good friends and are appreciated wherever they turn r IQ but higher EQ and SQ are better fit into our society. I'm not impressed by high IQ alone.
    Interesting that you would judge my entire personality based on interaction in a purely text medium. Not even a trained psychologist would claim to be able to do that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree