Water flow problem.

Water flow problem.

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Sep 07

This one from something I noticed when going to the bathroom at work. I was listening to this clicking sound in the mens room and saw there was a water meter there next to the toilet. So I timed the clicks and found the water consumption to be one gallon every 15 seconds or 4 gallons per minute. So when I flushed the toilet the cranking speed went up and it read 9 gallons after 1 minute and 20 seconds.
How much water did the toilet consume?

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
07 Sep 07

Originally posted by sonhouse
This one from something I noticed when going to the bathroom at work. I was listening to this clicking sound in the mens room and saw there was a water meter there next to the toilet. So I timed the clicks and found the water consumption to be one gallon every 15 seconds or 4 gallons per minute. So when I flushed the toilet the cranking speed went up and it read 9 gallons after 1 minute and 20 seconds.
The only thing i know about plumbing is:

Lefty...loosey

Righty...tighty

S**T flows down hill

Payday's Friday.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
07 Sep 07

Way too much! It should consume 4/6 litres on a dual flush system.

D

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Sep 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Way too much! It should consume 4/6 litres on a dual flush system.

D
I know it's supposed to use less but what do the numbers say?
This is a real life problem, it happened just like I said, with the proviso I did it twice, after I flushed the first time, I fired up my stopwatch and timed the meter before and during a second flush just for grins.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Sep 07
2 edits

Toilet was flushing for 1.33 minutes.

Normal water flow per minute is 4 gallons. This accounts for 5.33 (that is, 4 and 4/3) gallons over that period of time.

However there was 9 gallons of flow during that time.

Therefore, the toilet itself took 3.67 gallons to flush.

I forget the gallon/liter conversion, but it's about 4 to 1 isn't it?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Sep 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Toilet was flushing for 1.33 minutes.

Normal water flow per minute is 4 gallons. This accounts for 5.33 (that is, 4 and 4/3) gallons over that period of time.

However there was 9 gallons of flow during that time.

Therefore, the toilet itself took 3.67 gallons to flush.

I forget the gallon/liter conversion, but it's about 4 to 1 isn't it?
Thats what I got.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
10 Sep 07

Thats what I got.
I conclude that either you work in facilities management, or your real job is incredibly dull.

😉

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
10 Sep 07

Originally posted by rhb
I conclude that either you work in facilities management, or your real job is incredibly dull.

😉
Or both.