1. FORT WORTH
    Moves
    20 Mar '05 23:34
    if you said egg you are all wrong. the chicken came first because the egg would die without the chicken. it would get eaten or it would never hatch. therefore if the egg did come first there would be no chicken to debate over today. THE ANSWER IS CHICKEN.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 08:25
    Originally posted by red king richie128
    if you said egg you are all wrong. the chicken came first because the egg would die without the chicken. it would get eaten or it would never hatch. therefore if the egg did come first there would be no chicken to debate over today. THE ANSWER IS CHICKEN.
    Where did the first chicken come from? Was it a live birth?
  3. Standard memberRed Matrix
    Adm¡nistrator
    Rio Grande Valley
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 11:24
    NEITHER!

The rooster came first.

;-)
  4. In your face
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 14:55
    I reckon chicken. In the sentence 'which came first the chicken or the egg?', the word chicken definately comes first.
  5. Joined
    07 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 06:00
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Where did the first chicken come from? Was it a live birth?
    who knows. the chicken was created by god.
  6. Joined
    17 May '04
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 19:47
    god created a chicken that created an egg
  7. In your face
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 20:47
    Originally posted by JERICHO911
    god created a chicken that created an egg
    Or did God create an egg that gave birth to a chicken.
  8. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 23:16
    Evolution created the chicken. at some point a proto-chicken layed an egg containing a chicken. So the egg came first.
  9. In your face
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 23:24
    But surely if the proto chicken laid the egg then the chicken came first, by your very own admission.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 05:23
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    But surely if the proto chicken laid the egg then the chicken came first, by your very own admission.
    I don't follow.

Proto-chicken => egg => chicken

You can see the egg came before the chicken.
  11. In your face
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 19:12
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I don't follow.

Proto-chicken => egg => chicken

You can see the egg came before the chicken.
    So your argument is that on the micro organism level that a proto chicken divided into two, but perhaps the ones that divided out of the original proto had a kind of slight protective covering to protect them at this vulnerable stage. This slowly became pronounced down the chain to form an egg shell.
    This is what i believe anyway but it still leaces a very vague answer to the question. It is a tricky one indeed.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 04:13
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    So your argument is that on the micro organism level that a proto chicken divided into two, but perhaps the ones that divided out of the original proto had a kind of slight protective covering to protect them at this vulnerable stage. This slowly became pronounced down the chain to form an egg shell.
    This is what i believe anyway but it still leaces a very vague answer to the question. It is a tricky one indeed.
    No. My argument is that there was a bird (which was not a chicken)which laid an egg, and out of that egg hatched a chicken.
  13. Joined
    28 Mar '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 12:41
    The chicken came first. Check the link for the evidence 🙂 http://www.improbable.com/airchives/paperair/volume9/v9i4/chicken_egg.html
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 03:31
    Originally posted by Siebren
    The chicken came first. Check the link for the evidence 🙂 http://www.improbable.com/airchives/paperair/volume9/v9i4/chicken_egg.html
    Doesn't that prove that the chicken arrived or was delivered first?

I think we need to do some sexual trials involving chicken and egg and wires attached to weird machines...
  15. Joined
    28 Jan '05
    Moves
    02 Jul '05 18:42
    I think the chicken came first because how would the egg survive without the chicken

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree