Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

1. Donation Gburl
    The Elder
    26 Aug '03 17:05
    Which is correct to say, The yolk of the are white'' or The yolk of the egg is white?

There were an electrician and a plumer waiting in line for admission to the international home show. One of them was the father of the others's son. How is this possibl?

After the Canon Law that took effect on Nov 217 1983, would a Roman Catholic man be allowed to marry his widow's sister?
  2. Standard member orkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    26 Aug '03 19:09
    Originally posted by Gburl
    Which is correct to say, The yolk of the are white'' or The yolk of the egg is white?

There were an electrician and a plumer waiting in line for admission to the international home show. One of them was the father of the others's son. How is this possibl?

After the Canon Law that took effect on Nov 217 1983, would a Roman Catholic man be allowed to marry his widow's sister?
    1) Neither, the yolk of an egg is yellow

2) I'm working on this one

3) No, because if he has a widow he is dead

orky
  3. Donation Acolyte
    Now With Added BA
    26 Aug '03 19:48

2) The other is female.
  4. Donation Gburl
    The Elder
    26 Aug '03 19:57
    One of these days I will come up with a hard one.
  5. 26 Aug '03 22:07 / 1 edit

6. Standard member Fiathahel
    Artist in Drawing
    27 Aug '03 10:45
    I'm waiting...
  7. 06 Jun '04 16:01 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by orkyboy

3) No, because if he has a widow he is dead

However, if he married the sister first, then married the 'widow', then kicked the bucket, and God asked him, "Did you marry your widow's sister?", what could he say?

8. 06 Jun '04 16:03
    Why do some people dial 911 with their index finger and some with their forefinger?
  9. Donation Acolyte
    Now With Added BA
    09 Jun '04 00:24
    Originally posted by THUDandBLUNDER
    Why do some people dial 911 with their index finger and some with their forefinger?
    Same reason as why Brits use lifts and Americans use elevators.
  10. 09 Jun '04 12:30
    Jeez, I screwed up the question.

It should be:

Why do some people dial 911 with their third finger and some with their forefinger?

11. 11 Jun '04 14:04 / 2 edits
    the yolk of the egg is white

the other is his wife

yes u can