Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. 15 Jun '07 09:49 / 2 edits


    From a recent game of mine
  2. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    15 Jun '07 12:30
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    [fen]bk1b2r1/p7/Bp3q2/1Np1p2p/2P1P1p1/1P1Q4/P4PP1/K2R4[/fen]

    From a recent game of mine
    If the queen or rook were not protecting the bishop it might be mate in two and if you had one more rook on that line it would be mate in three not two. If you went Q-d7 as a try, black has Q-c6. Don't see any other attempt for mate in 2.
  3. 15 Jun '07 12:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If the queen or rook were not protecting the bishop it might be mate in two and if you had one more rook on that line it would be mate in three not two. If you went Q-d7 as a try, black has Q-c6. Don't see any other attempt for mate in 2.
    Are you sure?
  4. 15 Jun '07 13:23
    If 1 . Qd7 Qc6 2. Qxa7#
    1 ... Bc7 2. Qxc7#
    1 ... Bb7 2. Qxb7#
    1 ... Rg7 2. Qc8#
    1 ... Qf7 2. Qc8#

    I think the solution is Qd7
  5. 15 Jun '07 13:39
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    [fen]bk1b2r1/p7/Bp3q2/1Np1p2p/2P1P1p1/1P1Q4/P4PP1/K2R4[/fen]

    From a recent game of mine
    try qd7. qa7??? might be wrong
  6. 15 Jun '07 13:49
    Originally posted by TheSlayer01
    If 1 . Qd7 Qc6 2. Qxa7#
    1 ... Bc7 2. Qxc7#
    1 ... Bb7 2. Qxb7#
    1 ... Rg7 2. Qc8#
    1 ... Qf7 2. Qc8#

    I think the solution is Qd7
    Yep, correct.
  7. 15 Jun '07 14:09 / 4 edits




    Hopefully you can see this as a chess position but white to play and mate in 2
  8. 15 Jun '07 14:16
    And this one anyone can mate in lots but mate in 2

  9. 15 Jun '07 14:32 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by TheSlayer01


    [fen]1r3k1r/pbNQn1p1/2n3B1/1pb3Np/4PB2/2P5/P4PPP/R4RK1 w - - 1 16[/fen]

    Hopefully you can see this as a chess position but white to play and mate in 2
    Nce6+ Kg8 Bf7#
  10. 15 Jun '07 14:38
    Nce6+ Kg8 Bf7#

    Yup I did think it was too easy stuck on the other one?
  11. 15 Jun '07 14:55
    Originally posted by TheSlayer01
    And this one anyone can mate in lots but mate in 2

    [fen]3Q4/8/6k1/8/5Bp1/4R1P1/5P1P/6K1 w - - 1 41[/fen]
    1.Qe7! Kf5/Kh5 (only two possible moves) 2.Qg5#
  12. 15 Jun '07 14:59 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    1.Qe7! Kf5/Kh5 (only two possible moves) 2.Qg5#
    what about kg7?
  13. 15 Jun '07 15:03
    Originally posted by silly mctall
    what about kg7?
    Take a closer look.
  14. 15 Jun '07 15:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    Take a closer look.
    my bad. well done didnt think that the only move he could make was with the king. sorry. need new glasses by the look of things.
  15. 15 Jun '07 15:14
    Originally posted by silly mctall
    my bad. well done didnt think that the only move he could make was with the king. sorry. need new glasses by the look of things.
    Don't worry. Keep practicing.