1. Joined
    28 Jan '03
    Moves
    29 Apr '04 10:45
    A man lives on the 14th floor of a block of flats (Apartments) and takes the lift down to the ground floor every morning to go to work. In the evening when he returns he takes the lift to the 9th floor and walks up the stairs to the 14th floor.

why?
  2. in complete
    Moves
    29 Apr '04 11:06
    Originally posted by Paul0
    A man lives on the 14th floor of a block of flats (Apartments) and takes the lift down to the ground floor every morning to go to work. In the evening when he returns he takes the lift to the 9th floor and walks up the stairs to the 14th floor.

why?
    This is probably the too short to reach the button problem.

A variation is that when it is raining he goes to his floor and when it is sunny he only reaches a lower floor than trudges the rest of the way up on foot! Why is this?!?
  3. Standard memberjimmyb270
    Top Gun
    Angels 20
    Moves
    29 Apr '04 11:15
    Because when it's raining he can use his umbrella to press the buttons?
  4. Joined
    28 Jan '03
    Moves
    29 Apr '04 11:16
    Yep all to easy.🙁🙁
  5. in complete
    Moves
    29 Apr '04 12:40
    Originally posted by jimmyb270
    Because when it's raining he can use his umbrella to press the buttons?
    Yes - so given that he knows having the umbrella with him is a benefit, why doesn't he carry some kind of extendable pointy thing with him on the sunny days?!? The fool!
  6. England
    Moves
    29 Apr '04 13:32
    Originally posted by Paul0

why?
    leave the guy alone he isnt bothering you?
  7. Standard memberBarefootChessPlayer
    Barefoot Chessplayer
    central usa
    Moves
    07 May '04 16:44
    Originally posted by kody magic
    This is probably the too short to reach the button problem.

A variation is that when it is raining he goes to his floor and when it is sunny he only reaches a lower floor than trudges the rest of the way up on foot! Why is this?!?
    the way i heard this was that he lives on 40 and pushes 20.
    of course, in reality this would never happen. a high-rise building would be unlikely to have one elevator to access all floors. instead, one would use an "express" elevator to bypass the first maybe twenty stories and then select the next twenty, or some such scheme.
    still, it's a fun problem.
  8. The moral highground
    Moves
    08 May '04 23:39
    14 dovided by 9 is 1.5 and the average temp of a sunny day is 125 . 125 divided by 1.5 is 9!
    i am correct!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree