1. Joined
    08 Feb '04
    Moves
    13 Mar '04 00:15
    cute on that one. i just looked at this thread and found that!! and for that one that went odd...... i gave up on that one a long time ago.
  2. Joined
    08 Feb '04
    Moves
    13 Mar '04 00:22
    if y'all will allow me to start a new one. lets try this:
    a vowel plus a type of loan is my first part.
    my second part is whawt you do to a horse plus the majority of an "improper" contraction.
    my whole is in part of the world but not entirely on one certain area or another.
  3. Standard memberBarefootChessPlayer
    Barefoot Chessplayer
    central usa
    Moves
    14 Mar '04 20:37
    Originally posted by rattlerz28
    if y'all will allow me to start a new one. lets try this:
    a vowel plus a type of loan is my first part.
    my second part is whawt you do to a horse plus the majority of an "improper" contraction.
    my whole is in part of the world but not entirely on one certain area or another.
    i got the second part (but won't post it yet), but can't figure out the "type of loan", since nothing seems to fit with the other. i thought of "high[-interest]", "tall", "home", "auto", "mortgage", "fixed", and others--none of which really go with that last word!
    will play with it later.
  4. Joined
    08 Feb '04
    Moves
    16 Mar '04 05:32
    the hint i am going to give is this:
    you need to look on the eastern hemisphere to find what i am looking for. (i think it wont give it away). the other hint i am thinking of might give it away (to blatant of a hint not for someone to get)!
  5. Standard memberBarefootChessPlayer
    Barefoot Chessplayer
    central usa
    Moves
    16 Mar '04 22:44
    the hint i am going to give is this:
    you need to look on the eastern hemisphere to find what i am looking for. (i think it won't give it away). the other hint i am thinking of might give it away (too blatant of a hint not for someone to get)!
    i'm still lost as to the loan type, but the combinations i've found beginning with a vowel might be "italian", "alp", "eurasian", "european", "african", "asian", "ural", "australian", "indian", "indonesian", and "egytian". since you said it doesn't lie in any certain part of the world, i can eliminate most of those.
    i'm also surprised that no one else has tackled this since the last part is easy.
  6. Joined
    08 Feb '04
    Moves
    17 Mar '04 05:59
    Originally posted by BarefootChessPlayer
    i'm still lost as to the loan type, but the combinations i've found beginning with a vowel might be "italian", "alp", "eurasian", "european", "african", "asian", "ural", "australian", "indian", "indonesian", and "egytian". since you said it doesn't lie in any certain part of the world, i can eliminate most of those.
    i'm also surprised that no one else has tackled this since the last part is easy.
    you are close but not quite there. you mentioned what i am looking for but you missed whati meant by not in any certain area. think a general border and then you can get it.
  7. Standard memberBarefootChessPlayer
    Barefoot Chessplayer
    central usa
    Moves
    17 Mar '04 18:40
    you are close but not quite there. you mentioned what i am looking for but you missed what i meant by not in any certain area. think a general border and then you can get it.
    wel, i'm still stumped, but maybe something like "a range" for the frist part. the only other thing i can come up with is "icarus" but not sure if three is one of the second word by that name.
    "eurasian" and "ural" would be the general border, but neither seems to fit.
  8. Joined
    08 Feb '04
    Moves
    19 Mar '04 04:201 edit
    you have it!! its the URAL MOUNTAINS!! here is how it goes:
    vowel + a type of loan [u + r.a.l. {for those not familiar with it = refund anticipation loan <h&r block>}] ------ural

what you to do a horse + the majority of an improper contraction [mount + ain{'t}] ------ mountain

GOOD SOLVE THOUGHT I HAD THAT ONE TO WHERE NO ONE WOULD GET IT FOR A WHILE!! GOOD SOLVE!! NEXT B.C.P. ??
  9. Standard memberBarefootChessPlayer
    Barefoot Chessplayer
    central usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '04 03:281 edit
    you have it!! its the URAL MOUNTAINS!! here is how it goes:
    vowel + a type of loan [u + r.a.l. {for those not familiar with it = refund anticipation loan <h&r block>}] ------ural

what you to do a horse + the majority of an improper ...[text shortened]... HERE NO ONE WOULD GET IT FOR A WHILE!! GOOD SOLVE!! NEXT B.C.P. ??
    ah! i've never looked at &quot;ral&quot;s! imo, those are one of the stupidest ideas every described: you tell your tax preparer, &quot;i'll give you some of my refund to get it sooner.&quot; balderdash! would you tell your boss, &quot;i'll give up a quarter of my pay to get it a week in advance.&quot;? i didn't think you would.
    i knew the last was &quot;mountain&quot; right away though it took a while to figure out what you did to a horse that went ahead of &quot;ain&quot; or &quot;int&quot; (i didn't know which).
    &quot;ural&quot; hit me early on also but i didn't think of &quot;ral&quot; to go with &quot;u&quot;.
    i was also thinking of &quot;a high[-interest]&quot; as another possibility.
  10. Standard memberBarefootChessPlayer
    Barefoot Chessplayer
    central usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '04 03:33
    most of a type of software, followed by: foreign conjunction (though not pronounced as it is in that language but as we would say it) + word following &quot;eve&quot; to make part of a high place = what a particular rhp participant often does in his/her spare time.
  11. Standard memberEdwardipov
    mid-table mediocrity
    east london hellhole
    Moves
    31 Mar '04 17:54
    this one is my favourite:

of of of of of of of of of of
  12. Standard memberBarefootChessPlayer
    Barefoot Chessplayer
    central usa
    Moves
    01 Apr '04 22:35
    Originally posted by Edwardipov

ten of?
  13. Standard memberBarefootChessPlayer
    Barefoot Chessplayer
    central usa
    Moves
    01 Apr '04 22:38
    here's another:
    12:54 and egg egg egg egg egg egg.
  14. Standard memberjimmyb270
    Top Gun
    Angels 20
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 08:00
    Originally posted by Edwardipov

Often (of ten)
  15. Standard memberjimmyb270
    Top Gun
    Angels 20
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 08:00
    Originally posted by BarefootChessPlayer
    here's another:
    12:54 and egg egg egg egg egg egg.
    6 of one and half a dozen of the other?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree