2014 hottest year for at least the last 135 years

2014 hottest year for at least the last 135 years

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
01 May 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Metal Brain
"if so, I'm not and wasn't taking about unprecedented rate of warming and never claimed/believed such a thing."

Then you simply have no point. !
the resulting highest temperature of the recent warming is higher than any warming in the last few hundred years. THAT is my point; NOT the highest RATE of temperature increase happened recently -which I NEVER CLAIMED.

There, sorted.

MB

Moves
01 May 15

Originally posted by humy
So, despite you having NO science credentials, you think you would know this and know better and more about it than most climate scientists.
How?
Who do you expect us to trust his word on this; you, someone with NO science credentials and who has repeatedly demonstrated his ignorance of science methodology; or the scientists that have done the actual research into this and who are qualified and generally know what they are talking about? Take a guess...
Here is an excerpt from your link:

"University of Connecticut ecologist Mark Urban compiled and analyzed 131 peer-reviewed studies on species that used various types of computer simulations"

Most climate scientists do not have blind faith in climate models like you do. You keep falsely claiming these fringe lunatics are a majority. Read this link.

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/monckton/consensuswhatconsensusamongclimatescientiststhedebateisnotover.html

Stop making false claims of consensus. You were wrong long ago and you are still wrong now.

MB

Moves
01 May 15

the resulting [b]highest temperature of the recent warming is higher than any warming in the last few hundred years. THAT is my point; NOT the highest RATE of temperature increase happened recently -which I NEVER CLAIMED.

There, sorted.[/b]
What is your point then? Do you have one?

You thought you had a point and now you have abandoned that point. There is nothing left to debate. You have failed!

h

Moves
01 May 15
10 edits

What is your point then?
"..the resulting highest temperature of the recent warming is higher than any warming in the last few hundred years. THAT is my point..."

So you now pretend you cannot read this above quote of mine?
Who are you trying to convince here? And of what exactly? -that you are stupid? If so, you have already done that a long time ago; we all already know. So no need to keep trying.

MB

Moves
01 May 15

"..the resulting [b]highest temperature of the recent warming is higher than any warming in the last few hundred years. THAT is my point..."

So you now pretend you cannot read this above quote of mine?
Who are you trying to convince here? And of what exactly? -that you are stupid? If so, you have already done that a long time ago; we all already know. So no need to keep trying.[/b]
That is nothing surprising. After coming out of the little ice age only an idiot would expect anything different. You are good at stating facts without making any point. I guess I should just ignore you since you have no point. 😴

h

Moves
01 May 15

That is nothing surprising....
Who said it was? My point remains.

MB

Moves
02 May 15

Who said it was? My point remains.
You have no point. You even resorted to claiming climate scientists are alarmists like you after I proved only 0.5% of them hold your fringe opinion. You did the same thing with climate models. I proved they were unreliable and later you went right back to relying on them again and again and you are still doing that. You obviously can't accept facts when they contradict something you have been convinced of for so long. You are in denial and that is why you keep going in circles like you have been. You keep going right back to the same myths I have proven wrong. You have your mind made up and you will not let facts stand in your way no matter how many people try to set you straight. You have a nasty case of cognitive dissonance. You keep circling back to the same myths that have been proven to be bunk because you are too close minded to accept the fact you were duped by propaganda.

Here is another fact. Over 31,000 Scientists disagree with you.

h

Moves
02 May 15
2 edits

You have no point.
""..the resulting highest temperature of the recent warming is higher than any warming in the last few hundred years. THAT is my point..."

Still pretending you cannot read?

MB

Moves
02 May 15

""..the resulting [b]highest temperature of the recent warming is higher than any warming in the last few hundred years. THAT is my point..."

Still pretending you cannot read?[/b]
That is what happens in a warming trend that started 300 years ago. DUH!!!!

You can't blame AGW for the start of the warming 300 years ago. You can't even blame AGW for the increase in warming 100 years ago.

Fact: The warming recently is NOT unusual. I have proven that it is consistent with natural causes and NOT AGW as you claimed.

Your point was destroyed completely. You no longer have a point. You are just a stubborn person who cannot admit you are wrong so you pretend to have a point even when it is obvious you don't. Nobody here is fooled by you. You have failed!

MB

Moves
02 May 15

Scientists agree, there is no reason for alarm. The news media (especially the BBC) is dishonest. They omit the real inconvenient truth. It is called propaganda by omission.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 May 15

Scientists agree, there is no reason for alarm. The news media (especially the BBC) is dishonest. They omit the real inconvenient truth. It is called propaganda by omission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOGt3OzTXBs
Interesting, one statement written about Al Gore saying the Arctic ice can be gone in 7 years, that was in 2009, here it is 6 years later and we see a rapid INCREASE in the loss of polar ice now sped up by the waves that are now created in the Arctic, LARGE waves that were impossible before.

Looks like a bit of a crack in your anti-climate denialists.

MB

Moves
03 May 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
Interesting, one statement written about Al Gore saying the Arctic ice can be gone in 7 years, that was in 2009, here it is 6 years later and we see a rapid INCREASE in the loss of polar ice now sped up by the waves that are now created in the Arctic, LARGE waves that were impossible before.

Looks like a bit of a crack in your anti-climate denialists.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2738653/[WORD TOO LONG].html

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 May 15
1 edit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2738653/[WORD TOO LONG].html
That is going dead against the article in the latest Scientific American about the subject.

The huge waves are breaking up ice faster than ever before, faster than the previous models suggested.

Take a look at this graph. Ice going away year by year and of course there are years where there is more but the clear trend is less ice.

http://www.wunderground.com/climate/SeaIce.asp

MB

Moves
04 May 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
That is going dead against the article in the latest Scientific American about the subject.

The huge waves are breaking up ice faster than ever before, faster than the previous models suggested.

Take a look at this graph. Ice going away year by year and of course there are years where there is more but the clear trend is less ice.

http://www.wunderground.com/climate/SeaIce.asp
Of course the trend is less ice. That is what happens during a warming trend that started 300 years ago. The trend didn't start with man burning fossil fuels. You need to remember that a continuing trend is proof of nothing. And BTW, Al Gore was still wrong.

The article from the link you posted is more nonsense with forecasts from climate models. Climate models have a record of dismal failures. I have told you this many times and I proved it. Why do you still insist on believing those ridiculous climate model forecasts?

How many times do I have to prove you wrong for you to let go of your blind faith in climate models?

http://www.c3headlines.com/climate-models/

h

Moves
04 May 15

http://phys.org/news/2015-05-carbon-dioxide-year.html