1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 15:35
    http://www.livescience.com/37977-underwater-cypress-forest-discovered.html

They dated the trees (preserved for 50,000 years by the low oxygen water) by carbon dating.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 19:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.livescience.com/37977-underwater-cypress-forest-discovered.html

They dated the trees (preserved for 50,000 years by the low oxygen water) by carbon dating.
    Evidence of the worldwide flood of Noah's time.

The Instructor
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 00:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Evidence of the worldwide flood of Noah's time.

The Instructor
    So Noah's so-called flood happened 50,000 years ago. Interesting.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 08:20
    So Noah's so-called flood happened 50,000 years ago. Interesting.
    I believe their timeline is wrong.

The Instructor
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 09:23
    I believe their timeline is wrong.

The Instructor
    You can believe whatever you want, it doesn't change reality. When you self lobotomize your brain you can't accept change in views, but only hold on desperately to your outmoded delusions.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 19:19
    You can believe whatever you want, it doesn't change reality. When you self lobotomize your brain you can't accept change in views, but only hold on desperately to your outmoded delusions.
    I know my belief does not change the beliefs of others. Beliefs do not change the truth either. The truth is that the age of these flooded forrests are not known and the 50,000 years is just a guess to make the discovery seem more dramatic and important.

The Instructor
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 21:27
    I know my belief does not change the beliefs of others. Beliefs do not change the truth either. The truth is that the age of these flooded forrests are not known and the 50,000 years is just a guess to make the discovery seem more dramatic and important.

The Instructor
    I feel sorry for your brain, unable to process real data. Why don't you just cut the thing out entirely so all you have left is your own religious agenda. No, wait, you already did that, sorry.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 08:26
    I feel sorry for your brain, unable to process real data. Why don't you just cut the thing out entirely so all you have left is your own religious agenda. No, wait, you already did that, sorry.
    Like I have said before, you seem to have serious personality or mental problems and should seek professional help soon.

The Instructor
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 11:09
    Like I have said before, you seem to have serious personality or mental problems and should seek professional help soon.

The Instructor
    I'm not the one who cannot accept scientific evidence. I am not the one who always shouts 'holy holy holy'. You are seriously deluded.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 14:34
    I'm not the one who cannot accept scientific evidence. I am not the one who always shouts 'holy holy holy'. You are seriously deluded.
    I guess we have both given our share of insults and I guess we will have to agree to disagree and go on about our business. You are not willing to consider my information and I am well aware of all the information you have presented and see no credibility in it.

The Instructor
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 11:47
    I guess we have both given our share of insults and I guess we will have to agree to disagree and go on about our business. You are not willing to consider my information and I am well aware of all the information you have presented and see no credibility in it.

The Instructor
    What you have is not information, what you have is dogma. There is no science in dogma, just blind faith. I don't do blind faith. I listen to the evidence. If you did, you might finding yourself casting off your self lobotomy.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 23:311 edit
    What you have is not information, what you have is dogma. There is no science in dogma, just blind faith. I don't do blind faith. I listen to the evidence. If you did, you might finding yourself casting off your self lobotomy.
    How about the scientific evidence of the Shroud of Turin? That is not blind faith. That is pure science. Ha, ha. Got you on that one. 😏

The Instructor
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 19:24
    How about the scientific evidence of the Shroud of Turin? That is not blind faith. That is pure science. Ha, ha. Got you on that one. 😏

The Instructor
    Yes, there is evidence it IS a shroud.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Jul '13 08:05

The Instructor
    how accurate is carbon dating rj?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jul '13 09:14
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    how accurate is carbon dating rj?
    Apparently carbon dating is not very accurate, if the wrong assumptions are being made. 😏

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree