1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 20:16
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I don't know many people who would choose to be fat, although exceptions obviously exist.
    Notice I did not say choose to be fat, simply don't care about being fat.

You have a way of ignoring what I say.
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 21:433 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    This is the calorie is a calorie thread moron, not the vegetarian thread. Go back and see the quote I was making reply, if you are capable of doing so.
    You said it in that thread and, when we counterargument your claims by pointing out the overweening evidence ( that we showed ) that vegetarianism is still overall on average generally heather than a diet high in meat, you responded by attacking vegetarianism by making this thread. It is obvious the real reason for you making this thread is to attack vegetarianism i.e. against not eating meat in particular. Your original premise against vegetarianism was in that other thread that, by not eating meat, it makes you more likely to become fat. Now you switched the premise by switched to implying in the OP of this thread vegetarianism makes you more prone to becoming fat because of gluten. But I haven’t forgot your original premise in your other thread which you now have abandoned -if, as you claim here, red meat is irrelevant to obesity in this thread then, logically, it must be irrelevant to obesity in the other thread. But that means, if what you say is true, the premise of your other thread was irrelevant -so why did you bring it up there? Do you now admit that your original premise against vegetarianism was irrelevant?

As for your new premise against vegetarian -gluten, I, like so many people, eat a high-gluten diet and I am skinny -gluten may play a miner role but is obviously not the main cause of obesity -eating too many calories obviously is. It is simple biology and physics; if your dietary caloric intake is persistently higher than your metabolic calorie usage, you will put on weight and eventually become fat -Do you deny this? Yes or no?

Even if you could prove that a high-gluten diet is always bad for health, well, just be vegetarian but don't eat so much gluten 😛 No need to start eating meat. So your new tactic against vegetarianism doesn't work either. You still have failed.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 21:56

if you are fat and you don't care about being fat, you have, in effect, chosen to be fat by choosing to overeat -you have chosen to be fat because you don't care about being fat unless, of course, you are so ignorant that you don't know you get fat from overeating and so don't understand the causal relationship.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 03:21
    Originally posted by humy
    if you are fat and you don't care about being fat, you have, in effect, chosen to be fat by choosing to overeat -you have chosen to be fat because you don't care about being fat unless, of course, you are so ignorant that you don't know you get fat from overeating and so don't understand the causal relationship.
    Hey moron quit trying to side step my comments by twisting the conversation.

Yes, you have chosen to be fat because you don't care if you are fat. Thanks for pointing it out Mr. Obvious. Any other totally irrelevant comments you'd like to make?
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 04:46
    Thanks for pointing it out Mr. Obvious. Any other totally irrelevant comments you'd like to make?
    What about "A calorie is a calorie" ?
  6. Germany
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 07:08

Most fat people, given the choice of not being fat without any effort involved, would opt not to be fat. I think most people do care about their health and appearance - again, with rare exceptions.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 15:181 edit
    Most fat people, given the choice of not being fat without any effort involved, would opt not to be fat. I think most people do care about their health and appearance - again, with rare exceptions.
    I think most people take into consideration the costs involved and quality of life being one of those costs. If being thin requires a life that really isn't worth living, then why do it?

Or do you think that being thin is more important than being happy?

Of course money could help too, just have surgery to remove the fat.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 15:19
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What about "A calorie is a calorie" ?
    Go back and read my original post if you want to know that answer.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 15:35
    I think most people take into consideration the costs involved and quality of life being one of those costs. If being thin requires a life that really isn't worth living, then why do it?

Or do you think that being thin is more important than being happy?

Of course money could help too, just have surgery to remove the fat.
    Why would being "thin" require a life "not worth living"?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 15:50
    Why would being "thin" require a life "not worth living"?
    Because always being hungry is miserable.
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 16:069 edits
    Because always being hungry is miserable.
    research has shown that excessive hunger is not the reason why most fat people are fat although there are definitely some relatively rare exceptions. This is why most studies that involved giving appetite suppressants to overweight people have generally shown such disappointing results with the appetite suppressants not working or at least having little effect for most of the overweight people given them.

However, research has shown there is a small minority fat people that are fat because of hormone abnormalities that make them excessively hungry. But, for the vast majority of fat people, they are fat because they lack the ability to resist eating lots and lots of delicious food, not because they are on average more hungry than skinny people but because they don't have the same self-control specifically when it comes to eating which means they eat even when their bodies are telling them they are NOT hungry! And thus they overeat.

There is a possible evolutionary reason for this which I think is probably true because it makes sense; in the caveman days, it would be best to binge and put on weight, even become fat, whenever there is a bonanza of food, so that you got more fat reserves to survive possible food shortages and even famine later. But, in the modern day, this survival tactic not only is generally no longer needed but it usually is counterproductive to survival -but evolution hasn't had sufficient time to catch up hence many people still binge.

I am skinny and yet I am not miserably hungry all the time -why do you think is that if simply satisfying my hunger would make me fat? Like most skinny people, when I am hungry, I eat. When I am not hungry, I don't. The only difference there between me and most fat people is that, generally, at soon as I have had my fill, I stop just right there, and then don't eat until I definitely am hungry again.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 16:32
    research has shown that excessive hunger is not the reason why most fat people are fat although there are definitely some relatively rare exceptions. This is why most studies that involved giving appetite suppressants to overweight people have generally shown such disappointing results with the appetite suppressants not working or at least having little effect ...[text shortened]... ld make me fat? Like most skinny people, when I am hungry, I eat. When I am not hungry, I don't.
    I did not say it is the reason. I said it is a reason.

Why bother with appetite suppressants? Why not simply do the surgery and remove the fat?

Why bother people about being fat anyhow? What is your obsession with other people's weight?
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 16:372 edits
    I did not say it is the reason. I said it is a reason.

Why bother with appetite suppressants? Why not simply do the surgery and remove the fat?

Why bother people about being fat anyhow? What is your obsession with other people's weight?

Why do either rather than learn how to choose to eat less? -that would be a better solution.
    I believe psychological therapy is the best solution for most fat people.

What is your obsession with other people's weight?

It isn't.
    Funny, I thought it was yours!
    How many threads have you started now about or mentioning people's weight?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 16:57

Why do either rather than learn how to choose to eat less? -that would be a better solution.
    I believe psychological therapy is the best solution for most fat people.

What is your obsession with other people's weight?

It isn ...[text shortened]... ought it was yours!
    How many threads have you started now about or mentioning people's weight?
    This thread isn't about weight moron. It is people like you who have turned it into a discussion about fat people.

Go back the read the original post and you will see this thread is about how the body burns fat at different rates based on the types of food we eat.

You are really not very bright.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 18:36
    This thread isn't about weight moron. It is people like you who have turned it into a discussion about fat people.

Go back the read the original post and you will see this thread is about how the body burns fat at different rates based on the types of food we eat.

You are really not very bright.
    Just wonder why you need to discuss anything here since you already know everyone else here is some kind of moron or ignorant or some such.

If you want to have a relevant discussion, you need to drop the ego act and grow up.

Oh, I know, I am a moron for saying that. You don't even have to go there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree