Actual discoveries (published) in 2016

Actual discoveries (published) in 2016

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
09 Jan 16

Interference between electrons in tiny electrical circuits, due to their wave nature - a new property of quantum mechanics discovered with implications for quantum computers

Cape Town

Moves
10 Jan 16

Originally posted by ptobler
Interference between electrons in tiny electrical circuits, due to their wave nature - a new property of quantum mechanics discovered with implications for quantum computers
Link?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Jan 16
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
Link?
I think he was referring to this:

phys.org/news/2016-01-fundamental-quantum-mechanical-property.html

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
11 Jan 16

Yeah - I saw the article but then could not find it again to provide the link

K

Germany

Moves
13 Jan 16

Not exactly a "new property" though.

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
13 Jan 16
2 edits

From ABC news (Australia): "Children who have a hyperactive immune system when they are born are more likely to develop food allergies"

Not surprising if true. Report in "Science Translational Medicine"

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
13 Jan 16

Laurence Krauss has tweeted that the LIGO team have found gravitational waves *rumour*!

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
11 Feb 16
1 edit

Bets on announcement of discovery of gravitational waves later today? Although some years ago some guy (Joseph H. Taylor) won a Nobel Prize for his extremely accurate measurements of a pulsar losing energy that showed that the amount of energy lost per period of time was explained perfectly if gravity waves were the cause... or something like that...

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Feb 16

qOriginally posted by ptobler
Bets on announcement of discovery of gravitational waves later today? Although some years ago some guy (Joseph H. Taylor) won a Nobel Prize for his extremely accurate measurements of a pulsar losing energy that showed that the amount of energy lost per period of time was explained perfectly if gravity waves were the cause... or something like that...
I don't think anyone in the sciences are saying there is no such thing as gravity waves, only how hard they are to detect and to quantify, such as the G4V version V GR. Apparently the way you try to detect the waves will change the expected results since the two kind of waves are mutually exclusive and takes different techniques to observe.

News at 11. Literally in this case🙂

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
11 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
I don't think anyone in the sciences are saying there is no such thing as gravity waves, only how hard they are to detect and to quantify, such as the G4V version V GR. Apparently the way you try to detect the waves will change the expected results since the two kind of waves are mutually exclusive and takes different techniques to observe.

News at 11. Literally in this case🙂
I've never heard of G4V, can you give its full name without abbreviating it. I saw the link to the U-Tube video but do not have sound so there is no point in me trying to follow it. I tried putting G4V into Wikipedia and got a district in Germany...