AI analyzes gravitational lenses 10 million X faster

AI analyzes gravitational lenses 10 million X faster

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Oct 17

https://phys.org/news/2017-08-artificial-intelligence-gravitational-lenses-million.html#nRlv

h

Moves
23 Oct 17
5 edits

this is a great example of how artificial neural networks can often process data massively faster and more efficiently than other methods.

One of the things I hope to eventually get around to researching is representing that kind of neural network-like behavior with software in an ordinary non-neural network computer and have that fully integrated into a knowledge-based system and possibly one designed to use genetic algorithms to design that software itself and even the genetic algorithms themselves with a continuous cycle of self-improvement and learning. This is to get around some of the hardware limitations of neural networks. But I believe before I can even think of doing that, I will need to first produce an extremely impressive knowledge-based system else that would be a non-starter.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Oct 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @humy
this is a great example of how artificial neural networks can often process data massively faster and more efficiently than other methods.

One of the things I hope to eventually get around to researching is representing that kind of neural network-like behavior with software in an ordinary non-neural network computer and have that fully integrated into a kn ...[text shortened]... o first produce an extremely impressive knowledge-based system else that would be a non-starter.
I think eventually quantum computers, neural netwoks and traditional computers will be tied together, each one giving results as a result of the collaberation between those three ways to compute.

Look at my post 'memory that computes'

Über-Nerd

Moves
24 Oct 17

Yes, this is big news indeed. Analyzing large data sets in powerful new ways holds much promise in medical diagnostics too. We are right on the threshold of discovering pre-symptomatic indicators for various pathologies, including dementia.