1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    14 May '20 07:42
    I believe this points to the typical ways of how AI will be increasingly used in science research in general in the future and eventually AI, as it becomes ever more advanced and useful, will be used intensively for just about every kind of science research;

https://phys.org/news/2020-05-artificial-intelligence-record-setting-catalyst-carbon.html
    "...
    Researchers at University of Toronto Engineering and Carnegie Mellon University are using artificial intelligence (AI) to accelerate progress in transforming waste carbon into a commercially valuable product with record efficiency.

They leveraged AI to speed up the search for the key material in a new catalyst that converts carbon dioxide (CO2) into ethylene—a chemical precursor to a wide range of products, from plastics to dish detergent.

The resulting electrocatalyst is the most efficient in its class. If run using wind or solar power, the system also provides an efficient way to store electricity from these renewable but intermittent sources...."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree