1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 02:49
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/science/Alien-life-found-on-balloons-after-meteor-shower/articleshow/22782764.cms?intenttarget=no

Picked up at an altitude of 27 kilometers and the stuff was too big to have drifted up from below and the only other explanation is volcano's but there have not been one eruption able to do that for 3 years.
  2. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 05:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/science/Alien-life-found-on-balloons-after-meteor-shower/articleshow/22782764.cms?intenttarget=no

Picked up at an altitude of 27 kilometers and the stuff was too big to have drifted up from below and the only other explanation is volcano's but there have not been one eruption able to do that for 3 years.
    If it is different from life found on earth than I would believe but if not I'll be skeptical.

A few years back when looking at the stars I saw what looked like an explosion of blue plasma(think video game). It was obviously far away but it dwarfed any star, it happened in a blink, a quick expansion that looked like a blue undulating sphere then contraction and it was gone. I would have not seen had I not looked up at the stars in that moment... in my ignorance i thought I had seen a super nova but when I looked around on the web I didn't find anything about it and also found that a super nova wouldn't look like that.

I don't think it was aliens but I don't think it wasn't either. I don't know what it could've been but maybe eventually I'll find out.
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 08:19
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    If it is different from life found on earth than I would believe but if not I'll be skeptical.

A few years back when looking at the stars I saw what looked like an explosion of blue plasma(think video game). It was obviously far away but it dwarfed any star, it happened in a blink, a quick expansion that looked like a blue undulating sphere then con ...[text shortened]... think it wasn't either. I don't know what it could've been but maybe eventually I'll find out.
    Retinal detachment.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 09:23

They seem a bit too enthusiastic about their findings. Which seems more likely: that the particles got up there from earth somehow, that they made a mistake in their experiment, or that life is common in asteroids?
    I am not saying that what they found did not come from space, I am saying I don't buy that they have ruled out other possibilities well enough to be making any conclusions.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 09:26
    I don't think it was aliens but I don't think it wasn't either. I don't know what it could've been but maybe eventually I'll find out.
    If it wasn't reported by astronomers then the phenomena was likely within the atmosphere or in your eye. There are various possible explanations for either, aliens not being one of them.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 10:421 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If it wasn't reported by astronomers then the phenomena was likely within the atmosphere or in your eye. There are various possible explanations for either, aliens [b]not being one of them.[/b]
    One thing it could have been, a meteor coming straight at him, assuming it was NOT in his eye. If it goes tangentially by like a normal meteor, of course you get the obvious streak of like but if it came straight at you and would have come close to hitting you but of course burns up in the atmosphere 20 miles up or something, that is pretty much what you would have seen.

I remember one night, working as a civilian in Thailand, I had these great binoculars, 20X80's, russian job, and I am looking at the night sky which was really clear, spectacularly clear, and I see this light going across the sky that was very dim, not even close to being visible naked eye but I tracked it with the binoculars and it was SCREAMING across the sky, gone in maybe 20 seconds, looking like it was headed out into space. I figure it was a satellite I just happened to have spied but it looked like some kind of missile launch coming out of the horizon and going up up and higher, to maybe 40 degrees up and then just got too weak to see even with my magnificent binoculars. It was a freaky think to watch, it was FLYING! I knew it wasn't a meteor, they go by in a second or so, this thing took about 20 seconds to fly by and it wasn't a streak of light like a meteor it was a flying dot of light. So my best guess was either a missile launch or a satellite. Either way it was freaky.
  7. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    06 Oct '13 07:36
    If it wasn't reported by astronomers then the phenomena was likely within the atmosphere or in your eye. There are various possible explanations for either, aliens [b]not being one of them.[/b]
    My point was that I wasn't making any assumptions. Not that I believe it could be aliens.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Oct '13 08:26
    My point was that I wasn't making any assumptions. Not that I believe it could be aliens.
    And my point was that you didn't say:
    "I don't think it was a choir of angels but I don't think it wasn't either."

Not making assumptions is all well and good, but we can still discuss what are reasonable explanations for a phenomena and what aren't. I say that 'aliens' is no more reasonable an explanation as 'a choir of angels' or 'pixie dust'.
  9. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    06 Oct '13 10:32
    And my point was that you didn't say:
    "I don't think it was a choir of angels but I don't think it wasn't either."

Not making assumptions is all well and good, but we can still discuss what are reasonable explanations for a phenomena and what aren't. I say that 'aliens' is no more reasonable an explanation as 'a choir of angels' or 'pixie dust'.
    I've made clear I have no idea. I'm all for hearing about plausible explanations, and it seems we agree that aliens is not the first thing on the list but the topic of the thread is alien life. Perfect time for stories about strange sightings.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Oct '13 14:54
    I've made clear I have no idea. I'm all for hearing about plausible explanations, and it seems we agree that aliens is not the first thing on the list but the topic of the thread is alien life. Perfect time for stories about strange sightings.
    And my point is that your strange sighting should not be in any way related to alien life other than in popular culture. If we had been discussing angels, would you have brought up your strange sighting? Probably not.
    I am not criticizing you or trying to be objectionable, I am just trying to put forward my view that although I find the possibility of alien life highly plausible, I find the possibility of secret alien spacecraft visitors to our planet totally implausible.
  11. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    06 Oct '13 18:44
    They seem a bit too enthusiastic about their findings. Which seems more likely: that the particles got up there from earth somehow, that they made a mistake in their experiment, or that life is common in asteroids?
    I am not saying that what they found did not come from space, I am saying I don't buy that they have ruled out other possibilities well enough to be making any conclusions.
    I agree with you on this. A good example of what you are saying is that they have found soft tissue and red blood cells in dinosaur fossils. At one time scientists agreed that it was impossible for these materials to last so long. Likewise the notion that something can not reach that altitude without a violent explosion may also be wrong.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Oct '13 18:58
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I agree with you on this. A good example of what you are saying is that they have found soft tissue and red blood cells in dinosaur fossils. At one time scientists agreed that it was impossible for these materials to last so long. Likewise the notion that something can not reach that altitude without a violent explosion may also be wrong.
    It should get clearer as to the origin when they do a DNA analysis.
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    06 Oct '13 19:27
    It should get clearer as to the origin when they do a DNA analysis.
    What else may be strange is if it is a life form that exists in the atmosphere in its natural habitat.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 18:19
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    What else may be strange is if it is a life form that exists in the atmosphere in its natural habitat.
    It's funny, that same thought occurred to people about the upper clouds of Venus, some kind of weird gas reading, something to do with UV reflection not what they expected, something like that, that led them to speculate there might be life in the way upper atmosphere. Remember, the ground level air pressure there is something like 1500 PSI! So the upper atmosphere would probably have a lot more gas hanging around 20 or 30 miles up compared to Earth.
  15. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 00:38
    And my point is that your strange sighting should not be in any way related to alien life other than in popular culture. If we had been discussing angels, would you have brought up your strange sighting? Probably not.
    I am not criticizing you or trying to be objectionable, I am just trying to put forward my view that although I find the possibility of al ...[text shortened]... e, I find the possibility of secret alien spacecraft visitors to our planet totally implausible.
    Dude, lighten up. Get off of my jock strap.

Why are you so quick to jump on people? I have made clear that I don't believe it was aliens. When talk of alien life pops up it is always fun to talk about strange sightings.

If you can't understand please do not reply to my posts in the future.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree