1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Nov '21 23:31
    If in one place together, would it make a black hole?
  2. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    04 Nov '21 23:482 edits
    If black holes are just based on mass, weight, gravity etc ...then yes I believe it would create a black hole but I don't know the particulars on what can and cannot start a black hole as far as material elements are concerned.

Maybe a big ball of Ice is stronger than the power of a black hole 🤔

We would also be assuming there is a lot of water out there.

Aren't black holes former stars?
    And don't they need fusion to be stars?
    So a ball of water would need cold fusion to become a star...to then become a black hole...?

Cold fusion is a myth.

I don't know...outer space stuff makes me feel like we really don't have a reason to even exist so I try to stay away from outer space questions.

They boggle the mind too much.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    06 Nov '21 11:03
    @contenchess said
    If black holes are just based on mass, weight, gravity etc ...then yes I believe it would create a black hole but I don't know the particulars on what can and cannot start a black hole as far as material elements are concerned.

Maybe a big ball of Ice is stronger than the power of a black hole 🤔

We would also be assuming there is a lot of water out there.

Aren' ...[text shortened]... n to even exist so I try to stay away from outer space questions.

They boggle the mind too much.
    You would still have to compact it into an incredibly small area in order for it have the same effect as a supernova generated black hole. I thought they were what happens when massively dense object occupies a relatively very small area of space.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Nov '21 18:29
    @kevcvs57
    Yep, that's how they work. Now they are talking about maybe finding black holes from the very early universe. Primordial black holes still sticking around, interesting if they can find some.
  5. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    07 Nov '21 21:39
    @sonhouse said
    I assumed you knew the answer and was just asking us. 🤔
  6. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    07 Nov '21 21:411 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    You would still have to compact it into an incredibly small area in order for it have the same effect as a supernova generated black hole. I thought they were what happens when massively dense object occupies a relatively very small area of space.
    True but as far as I understand ...the size and weight is what causes that massive gravity and then eventually it's too much and then it becomes a black hole?

So if all of the water was in one place I imagine it would have severe gravity....

I don't know. 🤷‍♂️
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '21 05:221 edit
    @sonhouse said
    https://www.space.com/858-study-stars-size-limit.html

https://www.universetoday.com/13507/what-is-the-biggest-star-in-the-universe/
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 18:43
    @Metal-Brain
    It is amazing that stars can get to be as large as our solar system, gravity holding the stuff together even though the 'surface' is a billion miles from the center.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree