1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    05 Aug '15 16:59
    http://phys.org/news/2015-08-aluminum-big-boost-capacity-power.html

    This is a game changer if it works out on an industrial level.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    05 Aug '15 19:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2015-08-aluminum-big-boost-capacity-power.html

    This is a game changer if it works out on an industrial level.
    As I understand the Li-ion battery catch fire quite easily when damaged. It has many good properties, but this one is dangerous.

    I look forward to an aluminum battery!
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    05 Aug '15 21:22
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    As I understand the Li-ion battery catch fire quite easily when damaged. It has many good properties, but this one is dangerous.

    I look forward to an aluminum battery!
    They say it may have been implicated in that Malaysian airliner. 470? the one they just found the flapdoodle or something🙂
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    06 Aug '15 05:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    They say it may have been implicated in that Malaysian airliner. 470? the one they just found the flapdoodle or something🙂
    I hope that we one day will find out about the Malaysian plane...

    I watched a clip at youtube how a cell phone battery caught fire when poked at with a knife. People have reported battery fire when a cell phone was bent in a pocket and thus was damaged.
  5. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    06 Aug '15 06:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    They say it may have been implicated in that Malaysian airliner. 470? the one they just found the flapdoodle or something🙂
    Nothing is really known about what happened on that plane.

    Lithium batteries have been blamed (probably correctly) for a number of other aeroplane incidents.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    06 Aug '15 11:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Nothing is really known about what happened on that plane.

    Lithium batteries have been blamed (probably correctly) for a number of other aeroplane incidents.
    I understand flight 370 was carrying about 3 tons of Lithium batteries. It's a possibility. They are finding more debris now at Reuniun Island, seat parts, windows and such besides the wing flap of a few days ago. That suggests to me, maybe more of the stuff will be found on the shores of Madagascar.
Back to Top