1. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 12:49
    Ok, I have sensationalised the topic but he certainly says there is evidence worthy of investigation. He cites footprints found at altitudes higher than people are likely to go purely for the purposes of creating a hoax.

Personally, I think it is unlikely. Very elaborate hoaxes have been perpetrated before and compelling evidence has been shown t be rubbish. But I don't know the size of the unexplored area in the Himalayas or the amount of documented, verified evidence.

Does anyone else have a more informed opinion?

--- Penguin
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 20:54
    Do you have a reference for this?
  3. Joined
    23 May '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 22:07
    I saw that Jonathon Ross interview too.

I think what he was getting at is, where the loch ness monster is impossiblem there is literally no real proof either way with Yeti type creatures.

They don't have to be white hairy man like beasts, but something could exist that we dont know of up there of considerable size in order to leave the evidence such as seeming footprints etc.

Don't need to associate pictures of men in big white suits to legitimate unexplained footprints.
  4. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 09:02
    I saw that Jonathon Ross interview too.

It was also in the Telegraph on saturday.

I think what he was getting at is, where the loch ness monster is impossiblem there is literally no real proof either way with Yeti type creatures.

Yes, that is the impression I got. He was comparing the Loch Ness Monster (for which we would expect to see some real evidence, given its accessible location, size of the loch and kind of animal we are looking for) with the Yeti (with a vastly more remote location, large unexplored area and much smaller proposed animal).

They don't have to be white hairy man like beasts, but something could exist that we dont know of up there of considerable size in order to leave the evidence such as seeming footprints etc.

Fair point, we could be talking about something like a new species of bear.

--- Penguin.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 11:31
    There can be tourism gains by planting evidence and getting the media to talk about it. Didn't the Yeti hairs of some months ago turned out to be goat hairs or something like that?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 09:471 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    There can be tourism gains by planting evidence and getting the media to talk about it. Didn't the Yeti hairs of some months ago turned out to be goat hairs or something like that?
    yep, no DNA evidence has ever been proven to come from some unidentified life form around there yet, or in the US for Bigfoot or Susquatch, and the rest. Nobody has real evidence, there was one video footage taken a few years back showing some bipedal individual walking across a field but it was too far away to figure if it was just a 7 foot tall dude in a monkey suit or not, chances are pretty good that's exactly what it was.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree