Moves
    13 Mar '13 11:14
    http://scitechdaily.com/nanoparticles-carrying-melittin-kill-hiv/
  2. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    14 Mar '13 06:01
    As a person living with HIV since 1988, this is very interesting. Thanks.

Treatment has improved dramatically since the old AZT days. I used to have to take several pills a day but now I just take one: Atripla. It has brought my cd4 up to 624 and viral load to undetectable. At one time it was down to 25 with a 250,000 viral load.

Thank you, SCIENCE.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Mar '13 07:48
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    As a person living with HIV since 1988, this is very interesting. Thanks.

Treatment has improved dramatically since the old AZT days. I used to have to take several pills a day but now I just take one: Atripla. It has brought my cd4 up to 624 and viral load to undetectable. At one time it was down to 25 with a 250,000 viral load.

Thank you, SCIENCE.
    That is great news indeed! How much does that Atripla cost? Did you get any of the opportunist illnesses along the way? I hope they put this new treatment on a fast track. If I understand it right, the virus hides out in the lymph nodes and would come back if you stopped the treatments?
  4. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Mar '13 11:301 edit
    Wow! Amazing! The wonders of nano-technology continue remarkably!

And yes, all 'Thanks to Science' - What say you on this one, RJH???!!

-m. 😉

Edit: He probably thinks 'God' did it! 🙁
  5. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    14 Mar '13 16:361 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That is great news indeed! How much does that Atripla cost? Did you get any of the opportunist illnesses along the way? I hope they put this new treatment on a fast track. If I understand it right, the virus hides out in the lymph nodes and would come back if you stopped the treatments?
    The Artripla costs me 8 dollars a month. I get it through the VA Hospital. I've made many bad decisions in my life but one good one was joining the USAF in 1974... 🙂

The virus will mutate and become resistant to the drug if I miss too many doses.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 07:57
    The Artripla costs me 8 dollars a month. I get it through the VA Hospital. I've made many bad decisions in my life but one good one was joining the USAF in 1974... 🙂

The virus will mutate and become resistant to the drug if I miss too many doses.
    Well at least you can live a more or less normal life. I guess I could do the Vet hospital deal too, I did 4 years in the USAF from 1962 to '66. How many years were you in, what was your specialty? I was bomb-nav and radar.
  7. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 00:58
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well at least you can live a more or less normal life. I guess I could do the Vet hospital deal too, I did 4 years in the USAF from 1962 to '66. How many years were you in, what was your specialty? I was bomb-nav and radar.
    I was Air Traffic Controller. I was only in 1974-1975. They discharged me (Honorable) saying I was anti-authoritarian and had a passive-aggressive personality which made me unsuitable for the military.

I wish I had stayed in. I was just too immature at the time.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 17:42
    I was Air Traffic Controller. I was only in 1974-1975. They discharged me (Honorable) saying I was anti-authoritarian and had a passive-aggressive personality which made me unsuitable for the military.

I wish I had stayed in. I was just too immature at the time.
    I came very close to the same thing. When I was in second phase bootcamp, we marched around in the morning for a couple hours, I noticed we passed by the base library. One day I managed to get myself in left rear of the formation and slowly drifted back, marching a bit slower than the rest, and turned in and started reading stuff in the library. I managed to do that 4 times before they figured it out. A couple of MP's with full regalia came into the library, are you private Jennings? Yes, come with us. Then I had a bunch of tests to see if I was totaled or whatever and they ended up making me do second phase twice. That was at Lackland.

You might say I was not suited for the military either but after that I gritted my teeth and stuck with it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree