1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jun '10 16:06
    http://www.physorg.com/news194698586.html
    I have a comment at the end that seems relevant.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Jun '10 10:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.physorg.com/news194698586.html
    I have a comment at the end that seems relevant.
    The bending (or twisting as you suggest) is really independent of the screen itself, so if it was really that useful you could develop a device that you could bend or twist to control a normal computer (with normal monitor).
    As for the zooming in and out effect, it would be just as easy (and cheaper) to just put some buttons on the edges of the screen. You would apply pressure as if you are bending the screen and it would be detected without having to actually deform the screen itself.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jun '10 14:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The bending (or twisting as you suggest) is really independent of the screen itself, so if it was really that useful you could develop a device that you could bend or twist to control a normal computer (with normal monitor).
    As for the zooming in and out effect, it would be just as easy (and cheaper) to just put some buttons on the edges of the screen. Y ...[text shortened]... bending the screen and it would be detected without having to actually deform the screen itself.
    For now it is clearly an engineering project. The final form and uses if it ever makes it to a product is not known at this point in time. There may be other uses invented that will make it a lot more useful later. News at 11 I guess.
  4. Standard memberjoneschr
    Some guy
    Moves
    03 Jun '10 15:07
    With that glossy finish, bending really brings out the glare. If they ever productize this, I hope they consider that.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jun '10 17:08
    Originally posted by joneschr
    With that glossy finish, bending really brings out the glare. If they ever productize this, I hope they consider that.
    I saw that, They will probably fix that if it ever makes it to market.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree