1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '14 12:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't believe they can actually see light bending around this so-called dark matter regardless of what Einstein predicted. Did Einsten also predict dark matter?
    Exactly what difference does it make if Big Al did not predict dark matter. NOBODY PREDICTED IT, it was found through the analysis of velocities of stars in the perifery of galaxies, going WAY too fast to be held in place like planets around the sun, they don't follow the inverse square law of gravity.

Therefore there was first a prediction based on that knowledge that SOMETHING was there giving more gravitational pull than could be accounted for by the summation of the matter we can clearly see.

That something we just label 'dark matter' because we cannot see it directly. We CAN however see the effects of this mass, this REAL mass, on light.

Because you are so far behind the science 8 ball, here is an article about this very subject, if you dare:

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2011/04/20/how-gravitational-lensing-show/
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    17 May '14 12:47
    I don't believe they can actually see light bending around this so-called dark matter regardless of what Einstein predicted. Did Einsten also predict dark matter?
    No the dark matter hypothesis came after Einstein died. Dark matter is a theory I'm sceptical about - the idea is reasonable enough it's just they need so much of it for the models to work. Again this wouldn't be a problem, but there are cosmological bounds on what it can be, and it can't just be non-incandescent ordinary matter - they need something exotic which leaves me wondering if they're barking up the wrong tree.

To spot a non-incandescent but very massive object you need a galaxy on the far side of it. Bending of the light rays emitted by the galaxy gives you two images. Because they are of the same (extended) object you can check that you have two images of the same thing.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 May '14 13:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Exactly what difference does it make if Big Al did not predict dark matter. NOBODY PREDICTED IT, it was found through the analysis of velocities of stars in the perifery of galaxies, going WAY too fast to be held in place like planets around the sun, they don't follow the inverse square law of gravity.

Therefore there was first a prediction based on that ...[text shortened]... you dare:

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2011/04/20/how-gravitational-lensing-show/
    Well, if you believe in it, good for you. However, I believe I will wait awhile before I let myself get sucked into this dark matter stuff.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '14 13:05
    Well, if you believe in it, good for you. However, I believe I will wait awhile before I let myself get sucked into this dark matter stuff.
    So why don't you at least read the article and THEN come up with reasons for their data.

Oh wait, I forgot, that would be scientific, you don't do science. Never mind.

Move along, there is nothing here.
  5. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 May '14 17:24
    I simply stated that I am not an astronomer and know little about advanced astronomy.
    🙄
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 May '14 22:37
    Originally posted by C Hess
    🙄
    Why does that make you act crazy?

😏
  7. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 May '14 23:271 edit
    Why does that make you act crazy?

😏
    Like I said, you admit to not understanding astronomy, yet you expect your opinions on the
    matter to count for something. You know little about "advanced" astronomy, and since
    dark matter surely would fall under this category, you're hardly someone to take serious on
    the subject, are you? That's why I 🙄 at you.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 May '14 06:34
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Like I said, you admit to not understanding astronomy, yet you expect your opinions on the
    matter to count for something. You know little about "advanced" astronomy, and since
    dark matter surely would fall under this category, you're hardly someone to take serious on
    the subject, are you? That's why I 🙄 at you.
    Okay, fair enough.

😏
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 May '14 18:26
    Okay, fair enough.

😏
    The sad part is you refuse to admit these sciences teach us anything real about the universe and how it's put together.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 May '14 02:45
    The sad part is you refuse to admit these sciences teach us anything real about the universe and how it's put together.
    We can't learn anything good with the atheistic evolution worldview.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '14 10:231 edit
    We can't learn anything good with the atheistic evolution worldview.
    Well with that, I finally have had enough of your trolling. I will no longer respond to your bullshyte. Goodbye and good luck with your further trolling on other unsuspecting folks. Also, Good riddance.

BTW, you may wonder why there has been no responses to those three in a row of your posts here......
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 May '14 19:56
    Well with that, I finally have had enough of your trolling. I will no longer respond to your bullshyte. Goodbye and good luck with your further trolling on other unsuspecting folks. Also, Good riddance.

BTW, you may wonder why there has been no responses to those three in a row of your posts here......
    No. I believed it was because you had no rebuttal.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '14 23:04
    No. I believed it was because you had no rebuttal.
    Sorry, no talk to trolls.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '14 00:10
    Sorry, no talk to trolls.
    Still no rebuttal.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 May '14 08:21
    Still no rebuttal.
    No trolls.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree